Florida Travel is a great place for a family vacation. There are a ton of great family memories to make in Ocala/Marion County. Check out our list of things to do for the family in Ocala/Marion County.
18 Family Memories To Make In Ocala/Marion County
Last month I shared six cool adventures you can have in Ocala/Marion County, Florida. Many of those adventures are things a family can do together. This month, I’m sharing some ways families can vacation in Ocala/Marion County and create family memories! When we vacation as a family, we look for things everyone in the family can enjoy. With three boys ranging from 12 – 14, I’m always looking for things older kids will enjoy doing. It’s important to have down time and unplug as a family. Spending time together is important and priceless moments you won’t get back.
- First, go ziplining together as a family. We went ziplining for the first time as a family a few years ago, and we LOVED it!
- Have fun at Easy Street by Funworks. It’s a fun place for the whole family, with rock climbing, batting cages, arcade games, go-karts, mini-golf and more!
- Take up fencing. The En Garde Fencing Club is located in Ocala, and people and kids (starting 8 and up) can learn how to fence in a group or private class.
- Monkey Madness is another fun spot for families. The kids can let off some energy with the variety of bounce houses and jungle gyms.
- Get a little competitive and play paintball. This is something my boys would LOVE to do!
- Love animals? Head to Forest Animal Rescue by Peace River Refuge & Ranch, a non-profit organization that is home to many local habitat and wildlife.
- Another place to see animals together as a family is the Endangered Animals Rescue Sanctuary (EARS). This is a non-profit organization that exists specifically to provide permanent homes for unwanted and abused endangered animals. EARS exist to provide dignified living for endangered big cats, bears, monkeys, leopards and more! One Day Membership Tour Information Membership tours are offered every Wednesday and Saturday at 1:45 p.m.
- The Discovery Center offers the opportunity to have some educational fun with a variety of hands-on exhibits.
- Tour a Horse Farm.
- Go Horseback riding.
- Go kayaking as a family.
- Have a picnic at Silver Spring State Park. Known as one of Florida’s historic charms, this crystal clear spring is one of the last uninhabited springs run by the state of Florida.
- Head to Downtown Ocala and see a show at the Marion Theater. This is a unique icon in the downtown area.
- If your kids are into musicals, the Orange Blossom Opry should be on your bucket list.
- Go tubing down the picturesque Rainbow River.
- Explore Silver River Museum.
- Go hiking in Ocala National Forest.
- Take in a drive-in movie together as a family at the Ocala Drive-In Movie Theater.
There are many more activities and things to do in Ocala/Marion County Activities. When you plan your vacation, head to their local website to see what’s on the community calendar during the time you will be there. There’s always a festival or two, you and the family may enjoy.
Learn more about Ocala Mario County by visiting their website, plus get information on how to plan your next vacation (including Ocala/Marion County Lodging) to this beautiful County!
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- Awesome Secrets & Tips of Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter - September 19, 2017
- 29 Bucket List Adventures for Dogs + Their Owners - September 18, 2017
- Fall Harvest Party Idea - September 14, 2017