Quickest Way To Save Money
We’ve been talking about different money save ways tips since the beginning of the year.
Whether you are saving for something big or small, you might be looking for the quickest way to save money. This could be because you want the item fast or you could be in a pinch you didn’t expect to be in. The good news is, there are lots of quick ways to save money. Some are just the basics and others are tricks of the trade.
The Quickest Way To Save Money
1. Look for any money “leaks”. Where are you spending money that could be saved? Do you eat out a lot? Spend money you don’t have because you are bored? These are some habits you could curtail, at least for now, while you are trying to save money fast.
2. Make a strict budget and stick to it. Even if you have a budget, make sure you tighten it up. Don’t spend any money that is not accounted for. Track every purchase. Be diligent about not spending if you can avoid it.
3. Lower any payments you can for the time being. Don’t get yourself in financial trouble by not paying or paying too little, but ask if you can cut cable for a month or two, be diligent about electricity usage and ask about lower payment plans with some of your debtors.
4. Do less driving. Your car probably eats up more money than you realize. Look into temporary fixes to transportation such as carpools or public transportation to and from work. This might be a slight inconvenience, but if you are trying to save fast, you need to make some changes.
6. Skip the extras. If you are not on a contact, cancel things like gym memberships. Find ways to work out at home and save not only money on the membership, but gas getting to and from the gym.
7. Get rid of anything you don’t need. Not only will this clear lots of clutter, it will also help you make a little money to add to your savings. You can sell on eBay, Craigslist or just hold a yard sale. Whatever you do, don’t pawn anything. It will just be a trap of paying back money with interest. Read: How To Make Money On Craigslist
8. Find low cost ways to entertain yourself. Go to the public library and check out books and movies as well as attend free classes, family events and community happenings. (find entertainment ideas here)
10. Start couponing for everything you can. Put away anything you save for your goal. You will be surprised how fast it can add up!
What are some ways you know of that is the quickest way to save money? I would love to hear about it!
You can find more posts in the money save ways sseries! Here’s a few to check out:
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- 7 Ways to Use Almond Oil - September 28, 2016
- Style A Green & White Maxi Dress Pattern For Fall - September 26, 2016
- Things To Do In Grapevine TX For A Girlfriend Getaway - September 23, 2016