Have you ever had a Cookie Pop? If not, we know this year you are going to LOVE these Santa Claus Suit Cookie Pop! It’s so easy, fun, and of course, delicious. A perfect idea for gifting to friends and family, or just sharing with your kids as a special holiday treat.
Santa Claus Suit Cookie Pop
Aren’t these the cutest?! Get in the Christmas spirit, turn on the oven and flip on the music. This Santa Suit Cookie Pop recipe is ideal to take to your upcoming Holiday office party, kids Christmas party or just to have around the home!
Note: We share the recipe for a basic sugar cookie recipe below. However, if you prefer a semi-homemade recipe, you can easily pick up your favorite ready-made cookie dough and use for this recipe! Just follow the instructions for cutting and decorating!
(made with Wilton Round Pops Cookie Pan. Available on Amazon)
Santa Claus Suit Cookie Pop Ingredients:
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 12 long Lollipop Sticks
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Food coloring
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring
- 12 Yellow Starbursts
Directions for the Santa Claus Suit Cookie Pop
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue beating.
- Mix dry ingredients together and incorporate them into wet mixture a little at a time.
- Press dough into the pan, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Press stick into each cookie.
- Add additional dough on the back as needed to cover the stick.
- Bake at 400 in the oven for 13 minutes or until lightly brown around edges.
- Let the cookie sit on baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then carefully run a knife around the edge of each pop to loosen.
- Cool on a wire rack
Directions for Glaze and Decoration:
- Mix powdered sugar corn syrup and milk to make the glaze.
- Add red food coloring.
- Fill in the top of the cookie pop in red glaze and allow to set at least 30 minutes.
- Add blue and yellow food coloring to make remaining glaze dark gray to black.
- Transfer part of this black glaze to the corner of a zipper bag and clip end to pipe edges of a belt.
- Allow this to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Fill in the middle of the belt with remaining glaze.
- Place a Starburst in the center as a buckle.
- Allow the cookies to sit for at least an hour.
Directions for Buttercream:
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer 1/8 of the mixture to a piping bag.
- Add red food coloring to the remaining icing and mix until blended.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag.
- Refrigerate to firm.
- Pipe white at top of cookie pop to make collar
- Pipe a red ring around the rest of the cookie pop.
As you can see, making a cookie pop is a great idea for holiday treats. It takes a few extra steps to make, but it is well worth the time spent. Kids will love having a different way to eat their favorite cookie, and you can even win the prize for the coolest mom at the class party!
More Christmas Ideas:
- DIY Wine Glass Candle Holders
- 7 Christmas Decorations Under $5 Each
- DIY Winter Candy Jars
- Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Snowman Cupcakes Recipe