If you’re a fan of frugal DIY ideas, this is a great Halloween Decor idea to try. Get the step-by-step tutorial on making a DIY Witch Sock Vase- easy Halloween Centerpiece.
DIY Witch Sock Vase- Halloween Decor Idea
Halloween is almost here and I have a cute and frugal idea for you to try. I’m all for finding ways to reuse what you already have at home to make an awesome centerpiece or decor idea. This DIY Sock Vase is perfect for Halloween. You can use it for your Halloween centerpiece or add to decor ideas you already have for Halloween.
And guess what? You can create a spooky witch sock vase with a handful of dollar store materials!
Supplies needed for a DIY Witch Sock Vase
- Glass circular vase
- Halloween socks
- Craft glue
- Battery operated votive (optional)
Dollar Tree carries all of these materials, including a variety of Halloween socks perfect for this project.
- Begin by sliding the sock over your vase. You may need to gently stretch it first if you are having trouble getting it around the vase. The round, circular vases sold at Dollar Tree are actually perfect for this craft as far as size and price.
- Before you pull the sock all the way over on the vase, remove the bottom inch of it with scissors.
- Use your craft glue or even hot glue and a glue gun to glue the folded over edges of the sock to the bottom of the vase. Be sure you do this evenly so the vase balances correctly.
- Once the bottom is dry, pull the top of the sock upwards so any detailing on the sock (in this case, the witch hat) is showing at the top.
- You can now fill your vase with dried flowers, Halloween treats, or even a battery-operated votive.