Learn how to make spicy pumpkin soup with this easy fall recipe idea.
Easy Spicy Pumpkin Soup
It’s Pumpkin season, so with that.. let’s #eatallthepumpkin!
I am not a huge pumpkin fan, but I can definitely appreciate a good soup recipe. With the weather getting colder, this easy spicy pumpkin soup recipe will hit the spot!
And since you’re in a mood for all things pumpkin, be sure to check some of my other pumpkin recipes:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 30 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 3 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (garnish)
- In a large pot or stockpot, saute onions in oil and butter until tender.
- Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the pumpkin, chicken stock, brown sugar, salt, and spices.
- Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Blend the soup using an immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender.
- Return the mixture to the pot and add the heavy cream.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, croutons and/or drizzle of heavy cream.
Be sure to check out these other soup recipes: