Gold + Orange & Leeks Appetizers
When it comes to appetizers who doesn’t get tired of the same old fare? But don’t give me something too fancy either. I like appetizers that are both pleasing to the naked eye and munchies that’ll satisfy my taste buds too. Here’s what I did with a several fingerling potatoes (Gold) and large sweet potato (Orange) and leeks.
Here’s what you will need:
- 6-8 Fingerling Potato, cut into six 1 1/2″ rounds
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, cut into six 1 1/2 squares
- Pearl Onions 6, skin removed
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves, peeled and halved
- Leeks, cut into twelve small squares
- Truffle Oil
- Alfredo Sauce
- Parsley, Chopped for garnish
- Raw Sweet Potato Zest, for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon of dried Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon of dried Thyme
- 2 strips of Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 Pats of Butter
- 12 Toothpicks
In a cast iron skillet render fat from 2 strips of thick cut bacon, discard bacon. Place toothpick into center of fingerling potato rounds and sweet potato squares, then top next with either a pearl onion or garlic half. Stand potatoes in hot bacon grease and caramelized. Once the bottom is brown, lay onto the side and brown.
In a shallow cake pan melt 2 pats of butter, add dried rosemary and thyme, stand potatoes in the cake pan and bake for 15-20 until potatoes are cooked through.
Use a long plating dish. Pour a line of Truffle oil down the center of the dish. Then take a spoon and apply a line of Alfredo sauce alongside the Truffle oil line.
Add a square of leek to each toothpick, finish garnishing with raw sweet potato zest and chopped parsley.
Before you go, be sure to pin this recipe to your food board!