Thank you Yup for sponsoring this post. Provide your child with instant homework help, 24/7 and get homework done!
The Homework Struggle Is Real: Here’s What I’m Doing About It!
I have to get this off my chest. I seriously loathe helping my kids with their homework. Oh, yes, we push academic excellence around here, and expect our kids to do well. However, the math of today is NOT what I learned several years ago.
Seriously, WHO’s idea was it to come up with common core? I remember when the boys first started coming home with math worksheets. I sat there for
hours a while trying to figure it out. I’ll preface this to say; math was not my strongest subject. But this was 3rd-grade homework. I remember showing the boys how I did it and called it a day. I mean, it was the SAME answer! I even wrote a note on top of the paper telling the teacher why the work was shown the old-school way versus the common core way. Thankfully, the teacher was able to read my frustration through the note and didn’t count it against my son.
As the twins enter high school this year, I’m already dreading having to help them with math. I’ve hired a tutor for the boys since they were in grade school. Being on the Autism spectrum, some academic subjects have been a struggle for them, and having extra support at home has helped them succeed.
Hiring a high school tutor is expensive. I’ve put out inquiries for one, but haven’t found one in our price range. That doesn’t stop the homework from coming home, and the request for help.
I want my kids to be successful, so of course, I will do whatever I need to do to help them succeed.
Enter the Yup app. I didn’t know this was a thing. You know the saying, “there’s an app for that?” Well, that cliche has proven to be true once again. There’s an app to help your kids with homework!
Ziah and I tested it out last week, and here’s what we thought about it.
What is Yup you may ask? Yup is a tutoring service for math and science through mobile chat via an app. This app is available for iOS and Android.
- First, you download the Yup app to your phone or tablet. If your child/teen has a phone, then they can download it on their phone.
- Sign up for an account. They also offer free trial codes, so you can try it before buying it. You can also earn free tutoring time (60 minutes) every time a friend signs up with your unique code.
- You can give it a try with this promo code: LEARNINGS
- Once you’ve created an account, your child is ready to use the app.
- They snap a photo of their homework question, then hit request Math, Chemistry or Physics tutor.
- You wait for a tutor to come on. Once the tutor is on, they will help your child with their homework question.
Isn’t that pretty awesome? This makes homework time so much easier. Plus, my teens are getting the help they need, which will help decrease anxiety around test time, frustration with not understanding the assignment, and spending hours in math and science.
The Yup tutors attend or have graduated from top universities. Each tutor is an expert in their subject matter, with a passion for helping students learn. Yup vets their tutors through a rigorous application process, which includes testing their teaching and communication skills.
When you sign up for a free trial, the free trial starts when your tutoring time starts.
The Yup App is built for today’s students. With all of this modern technology, I’m glad to have the Yup app which allows my kids to be successful. AND, most importantly, takes away the frustration and anxiety of knowing if your child is doing their homework correctly. Teens have a lot of pressure on their plate, getting help with their homework doesn’t have to be one of them!
You can learn more about the Yup app, as well as download it and try it out using promo code: LEARNINGS (this will give you 30 minutes of FREE tutoring time, no credit card required).
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- Camping Bucket List: 25 Activities to Try When You Camp - March 19, 2018
- Avenger’s Thor Kid Drink | NEW Infinity War Trailer- EPIC! - March 16, 2018
- Exclusive Interview with Paco Delgado | Designing Costumes for A Wrinkle In Time - March 15, 2018