Getting ready for the holidays and want a quick and easy idea? Check out how to take your junk and turn it into treasure with our fun Upcycled Gift Idea for a Holiday Globe! This makes an old cracked or ugly globe become a beautiful addition to your family holiday decor!
Upcycled Gift Idea: Holiday Globe
During the Holiday season, it’s easy to get caught up in the spirit of decorating and overspending. Here’s an easy Christmas craft that won’t break the bank. In fact, if you already have a globe lying around the house, here’s an excellent way to put it to use. If you don’t have one, check your local thrift store or ask your child’s teacher if they have any globes available for recycling. And when you’re done using it for the holiday, you can change out the banner for something else (birthday, anniversary, Valentine’s Day, etc.).
Supplies needed for Upcycled Gift Idea:
- Old Globe (Check thrift stores or second-hand shops)
- White spray paint, satin or non-glossy finish
- Craft Glue
- Bunting banner (craft store)
Directions for Upcycled Gift Idea:
1. Begin by removing the globe from the stand. To do this is quite easy, just pull the top spike out of the globe and you should be able to loosen it right out.
2. Set the globe on newspaper and apply two coats of a non-glossy spray paint. A non-glossy seems to adhere better to the cardboard of the globe.
3. When the paint is dry, place the globe back into the stand. Just gently pull the prongs apart and insert them into the holes at each end of the globe.
4. Use a dab of craft paint at the ends of the bunting banner and press to the globe.
Your upcycled holiday globe can now be displayed. If you wish, you can make a banner for each season and switch them out to match décor.
And that’s exactly how easy it is to upcycle an old Globe! This is an ideal Upcycled git idea or even upcycled home decor idea that easily fits into any holiday theme!
More Christmas Ideas: