Can we say pumpkin and MINIONS in the same breath?
Minion Pumpkin Cupcakes
To make these cutesy, yummy and fun Minion Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes you will need the following and an itsy bitsy amount of artistic ability. But if you don’t have the latter, wing it big time and go for it!
FYI this recipe is adapted from Nerdy Nummies. ← The video is particularly helpful when putting together the Twinkie minions and I highly recommend watching it before you attempt this recipe. Plus, Rosanna Pansino and her gang are so much fun to watch.
Unlike the video I substituted the banana cupcakes for pumpkin cupcakes. Now you know my awful secret. WHEW! I feel so much better. I also used slivers of black licorice for the hair instead of the chocolate sprinkles, but you can choose whatever one makes your smile.
1 3/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour, sifted
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
2 Eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted, but at room temperature, not hot
1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Oil
1/4 Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
Directions for Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
2. With a baker’s brush butter muffin pan.
3. In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add the pumpkin puree
5. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each one to be fully mixed before adding the last egg.
6. Add the melted coconut oil, pumpkin oil and orange juice.
7. With the stand mixer set on low add the flour mixture a little at a time until it is all incorporated.
8. Remove bowl from stand mixer and using a rubber spatula scrape down sides.Do not overmix.
9. Pour batter in prepared muffin pan.
10. Bake for 15- 20 minutes)
11. Check to see if muffins are done by inserting a toothpick in the center of a muffin if it comes out clean muffins are ready.
13. Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool.
Assemble the Minion Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes (I watched the video again for this part, just to make sure I didn’t forget anything).
- 1 3/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted, but at room temperature, not hot
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Oil
- 1/4 Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
Pin it for later to your board: