This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondTheSandwich #CollectiveBias
Quick Salad Kabobs
There is a rumor going around, and it’s a vicious untruthful bit of nasty gossip. There are some people spreading such nonsense as the impossibility of a quick, easy and delicious meal. Well, let me tell you that’s just pure and simply crazy talk. With our Quick Salad Kabobs by the time you start, you’re finished. Yep, that quick.
All you need is fresh ingredients and protein, that’s all, that easy. We used baby spinach, a crisp apple cut into small cubes, mini sweet red bell peppers, cucumber cubes, slices of cheddar and baby Swiss Cheese from Castle Wood Reserve, homemade pan roasted croutons, garden fresh cherry tomatoes, spinach leaves and sliced deli ham and turkey from Castle Wood Reserve Deli Meats. Why Castle Wood Reserve deli meats? Well, with no yucky binders, and minus MSG, subtract the trans-fat and for those that care (we care) Castle Wood Reserve is gluten free. With so much good stuff going on it is an easy choice. Because in the end, the good stuff doesn’t need bad stuff to be delicious. And Castle Wood Reserve satisfies our need for high quality in the foods we eat.
And if that wasn’t enough, I drizzled the kabobs with creamy homemade Herb & Garlic Buttermilk Dressing. Our boys loved them, and if the kids approve then I must be doing something right in the kitchen!
Also, when you buy Castle Wood products, you will save money! And we all love to save a few bucks!
Right now between August 3 thru October 31 (or while supplies last) when you buy Castle Wood Reserve you can get money back:
- $1.75 off meat
- $0.50 off cheese
- $0.75 bonus for buying both
Check out the recipe down below.
- 1 Apple cut into cubes
- 1 medium cucumber cut into cubes
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 6 mini sweet red bell peppers cut in half with seeds and ribs removed
- 6 cherry tomatoes or similar small variety tomatoes
- 4 Castle Wood Reserve Baby Swiss cheese slices
- 4 Castle Wood Reserve Sharp Cheddar cheese slices
- 4 Castle Wood Reserve Honey Ham slices
- 4 Castle Wood Reserve Oven Roasted Turkey Breast slices
- Homemade Pan Roasted Croutons
- 6 Wood Kabob sticks
- Prep. Cut any artisan bread into 1″ x 1″ cubes. Using a small skillet over med-high heat, add 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, when the butter has melted add bread cubes. Brown the bread cubes on two sides, remove the croutons from the skillet into a bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Stack four slices of ham deli meat and roll them into a tube shape, using a sharp knife cut the meat into four even sections. Repeat the process for the oven roasted turkey breast deli meat.
- Stack four slices of sharp cheddar cheese and using a sharp knife cut the cheese into four sections, then cut each strip into four sections.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Using a potato peeler or a very sharp knife cut the green skin from a cucumber, then cut the cucumber into cubes.
- Roughly peel an apple leaving some of the skin on, then cut the apple into cubes.
- Stack five mini baby spinach leaves then fold. As you need them slid a folded bundle of spinach leaves onto the kabob stick.
- Assemble the Quick Salad Kabobs by sliding the ingredients one at a time onto a wooden kabob skewer.
- When you have the three or six kabobs side by side drizzle with the Herb & Garlic Buttermilk Dressing.
Pick up your favorite Castle Wood Reserve deli meats and cheeses at your local Walmart in the Deli section.
And of course, these easy salad kabobs were a hit with the boys!
What quick, easy and delicious recipes do you have in your kitchen arsenal? We would love to hear from you.
Leave your suggestions in the comment box, because with three tweens feeding them just got very real.