Snowman Cupcakes Recipe
Time to start the Holiday Baking! Here’s a cute and fun recipe to do with the kids (or for the kids). Make Snowman Cupcakes!
Many of these ingredients you probably have stocked away in your pantry! Add a hot cup of cocoa or Toasted Rootbeer and you’re ready to get this party started!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest to find more ideas for Christmas, Cupcakes and Crafts!
Snowman Cupcakes Recipe (makes 12)
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
• 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ cup buttermilk
• 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 1 ½ cups flour
• 1/8 tsp sea sat
• 1 tsp baking powder
For the Snowman Part:
• 24 large marshmallows
• 12 toothpicks
• Fondant (can either use store-bought or homemade marshmallow fondant)
• Black food coloring
• Orange Sprinkles
• Mini Reese’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with liners.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, then add in the buttermilk.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour ½ cup at a time.
- Add in the sea salt.
- Using a spoon or plastic spatula, fold in the baking powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting by creaming together the butter and powdered sugar. Add in the vanilla extract (HINT: save some extra buttercream to put together the snowman).
Frosting the cupcakes:
- Insert a toothpick into one of the marshmallows, and then add the other marshmallow on top.
- Using your star tip with your decorating bag, place stars around the base of the marshmallows.
- Mix the black food coloring with your fondant and roll out.
- Roll small pieces into eyes, mouth, and buttons.
- Add the fondant pieces onto the marshmallows.
- Using one sprinkle, dip it into extra buttercream and place as the nose.
- Remove one side of the Oreo and place a dollop of buttercream on the bottom of the Oreo, place on top of the marshmallow.
- Dab a little bit of buttercream on the top of the Reese’s and place on top of the Oreo.