Strawberry Nutella Tart Bites
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you may be scrambling for an easy dessert idea.
Well, I put together an easy Valentine’s Day dessert for you to try! It combines my love of strawberries and Nutella together to make a simple, yet delicious treat.
This is a super quick dessert recipe you can make in under 30 minutes any time of the year! And it’s kid-friendly as well. The boys each tried a tart bite, and LOVED it!
Ingredients for Mini Tart Bites:
- 1/2 Cup of Confectioner’s or Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks of Unsalted Butter (sliced and softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
Filling for the top of Mini Tart Bites:
- 1 Cup of Nutella (store-bought or homemade recipe here )
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- (1) 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese softened
Topping for the Mini Tart Bites:
- 1 Cup of Diced Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Armato (optional, can substitute for water)
Directions to make Mini Tart Bites:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, place the flour, confectioner’s sugar and butter and mix until it forms into a ball (about 3 minutes).
- Take small pieces of the dough and roll them into little balls.
- Press the small balls of dough into the mini muffin pan until the crust is even. Repeat this process until the pan is full.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Set aside and allow tart bites to cool.
While the tart bites are cooling, make the Nutella Cream Cheese topping.
In your Kitchen Aid Mixer (or similar mixer), beat the cream cheese, nutella, sugar and vanilla together until its smooth.
Once you’re ready to prepare the dessert, spread a little over each tart, and add the diced strawberries!
And that’s it! A chocolaty and super quick dessert to make! I love when I can come up with easy baking recipes, and get it 100% right. Sometimes I like to add a little bit of this or that EXTRA, and it doesn’t come out as expected. However, with this Nutella recipe, I nailed it, and it was a win-win for my whole family!
If you want to take it up a notch, I show you how to put together a dinner date night idea in an hour!
For wine pairings, I paired my tart bites with a dessert wine: Maple Dessert Wine by Maple Moon Sugarbrush & Winery (Michigan made). If you like sweet wines, this is one to try!
I visited this Winery last year on a Visit Petoskey Tour, and it was my firs time trying a maple wine! LOVED it!
What are some of your favorite desserts?
If you love strawberries and Nutella, then be sure to check out some of these dessert ideas listed below: