The Fruit Sophisticate
The last days of summer are slipping away. And although we would rather not say goodbye to long hot days of summer it is inevitable. We created The Fruit Sophisticate to pay homage to summertime fun. This is summer in a cocktail glass. And like summer It isn’t short on fruit flavors either with a shot of Smirnoff Red, White & Berry, and a long pour of Svedka Mango Pineapple, a bit of lemon juice, plus a fresh wave of San Pellegrino Blood Orange. All of these refreshing ingredients are poured into a cocktail shaker and topped with crushed. After a vigorous 30-second shake strain the cocktail into a standard cocktail glass. Add a slice of fresh lemon for garnish, a sprig of fresh thyme, and you got the perfect toast to summer. So, remember this one when we’re stuck knee-deep in a foot or two of February snow.
Tell us, what are some of the ways you celebrate the end of summer? And even better, what are some of the ways you handle the long cold days of winter? We would love to read your comments.
- 1 ounce Smirnoff Red, White & Berry
- 1 ounce Svedka Mango Pineapple
- 3 ounces SanPellegrino Blood Orange
- 0.5 ounce of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 0.5 Simple Syrup
- Lemon Slices
- Sprig of fresh Thyme
- Crushed Ice
- In a cocktail shaker add Smirnoff Red, White & Berry, Svedka Mango Pineapple, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, and San Pellegrino Blood Orange. Top with lots of crushed ice.
- Secure the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake what ya’ mama gave you for 30-seconds.
- Strain into a whiskey glass filled with fresh crushed ice.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of fresh thyme.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive