Plan a fun and memorable trip to Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter with our tips and recommendations. We’ve been to Universal’s popular Harry Potter theme park several times in recent years, and learn something new each time we go. Keep reading and take notes so you can have the best experience!
Best Tips + Recommendations for Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Before you head to Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you’re going to want to check out this list of top secret tips and tricks to get the most out of your trip. There are many little fun features that Universal has added to Harry Potter’s World to make the magic even more… well, magical. From the moment you step off the train in Hogsmeade until you cast your last spell in Hogwarts, you are just submerged in Harry’s world. Both children and adult Potterhead alike will thoroughly enjoy themselves with this experience. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is one of our favorite theme parks (in both Florida and California). When we first went to Universal Studio’s Orlando a few years ago, the boys had a wonderful time checking out the Harry Potter edition (new at the time). We’ve been back to Orlando’s theme park a few times, including the newest addition of Harry Potter, Diagon Alley. If you have plans to head to Orlando soon, definitely be sure to spend time at Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme parks. Keep your eyes peeled, your ears open and your other senses on high alert So that you don’t miss a minute of the magic.
1. Make sure your first stop is Ollivanders Wand Shop in Diagon Alley and pick up a wand. Each one comes with a secret map that shows you where your wand works in the park. Your wand will be truly interactive with the scenes in that area. Look for the gold plates in 11 different areas where you can cast spells.
2. Before you even set foot inside the castle Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, you’ll get a taste of magic keep your eyes on the sign outside.
4. You may not know this but that oh so popular Butterbeer comes in many forms, so look for ice cream, fudge, and a frozen slushie in your favorite flavor as well.
5. If you stop by Dervish and Banges, check out the Monster Book of Monsters but keep your fingers out of the cage or he may try to bite them off.
6. Did you drink too much Butterbeer? Then you might need to take a bathroom break listen out for Moaning Myrtle while you’re there.
7. Even though he is he-who-must-not-be-named, you can’t leave the park without making mention of Voldemort to one of the parks Harry Potter employees… I can’t reveal the secret but just wait and see what happens.
8. Take a few minutes to hang out with The Sorting Hat when you’re in Hogwarts Castle he may have a few words of wisdom for you.
9. If you’re dining at The Three Broomsticks play the little hide and seek game and see if he can find Dobby’s Shadow ….he’s lurking nearby. The food is appetizing- J.K. Rowling even gets to taste test and approve the dishes.
10. Don’t harass the mandrakes in Professor Sprout’s Greenhouse; luckily there are headphones on hand in case of emergency.
11. When you enter platform 9 3/4, pop up in the Hogwarts Express compartment and take a picture this in the same spot that Harry Hermione and Ron Weasley sat in during filming.
12. While a lot of the props used throughout the various parts of the Wizarding World re-creations you will be able to spot quite a few of actual movie set props like the luggage racks in the train station, desks from the school, and Hagrid’s motorcycle.
13. Listen well to the paintings in the Gryffindor common room Who knows what they’ll have to say?!
14. Pay close attention to the Marauder’s Map in Filch’s Emporium and you may see some of those who solemnly swear they are up to no good.
15. This may not be magical to some, but it is to the tired parent toting bag after bag. If you don’t want to be weighted down with treats, wizard gear and other items you can ask an employee to have them sent to the front of the park where you can pick them up on your way out.
We are all huge fans of the books, movies, and theme parks. We recently visited the newest park, Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Hollywood Studios. We love going to California, so knowing they now have a piece of Harry Potter, is a win-win. The Harry Potter theme park in Orlando has two parts to it, and you will need to buy a park-to-park pass in order to experience both parts. Trust me, you will want to pay the extra money so you can take the Hogwarts Express from one park to the other. That in itself is such a COOL experience.
Potheads, it’s time to book your tickets to either Orlando or Hollywood and experience first-hand the wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- Camping Bucket List: 25 Activities to Try When You Camp - March 19, 2018
- Avenger’s Thor Kid Drink | NEW Infinity War Trailer- EPIC! - March 16, 2018
- Exclusive Interview with Paco Delgado | Designing Costumes for A Wrinkle In Time - March 15, 2018