I love great upcycle ideas that also feed my love of decorating. Whether it is repurposing a piece of furniture or making this simple Picture Frame Wreath, I love saving money while using things for a new purpose in my home. This is one of my favorite upcycle ideas for creating a cute and functional Upcycled Picture Frame Wreath.
Upcycle Ideas: Picture Frame Wreath
*This post contains affiliate links.
Have you ever found yourself checking out a yard sale or thrift shop and found beautifully ornate picture frames that just didn’t fit your needs to frame things in your home? I know I often see these picture frames and think about what upcycle ideas I can use them for. There is just something about a vintage ornate molded look that appeals to my sense of style. That is how this picture frame wreath came about. An old frame that just didn’t fit our photograph needs, and wasn’t the right color to suit our decor. It quickly became a fun new picture frame wreath to go on a wall or our front door!
- Old picture frame
- Paint in choice of color (optional)
- Silk flowers
- Twine or ribbon
- Craft or scrapbook paper
- Craft glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Begin by removing the insides of the ornate picture frame. This means the glass as well as the cardboard backing.
- Paint your frame a color of your liking. We left this one as is since the color was nice and bright. You can do the same and leave yours natural or add a fresh coat of your liking. I prefer using spray paint in a well-ventilated area over painting with acrylic paints for projects like this. It helps keep the color evenly applied and takes less time to dry when I am in a hurry.
- Remove the silk flowers from their stems. Add some hot glue to the back of them and press them into one corner of the frame. Add as many or as little as you wish for this.
- While the flowers dry, you can create your mini bunting banner. Just cut triangles out of paper of your choice, use craft glue to secure them to twine or ribbon, and glue to the back of the frame. Use themed paper for a holiday or matching accent colors for everyday decor.
- Use hot glue to adhere it to the back of the frame as it is more heavy duty.
- Your picture frame wreath is now ready to be displayed. Just hang it as you would any picture frame for a bright pop of wall art.
As you can see, this is a favorite of our upcycle ideas. It makes such a simple and fun Upcycled Picture Frame Wreath that can be used to add color to your front door or even use on an interior wall to create a fun vibrant accent piece. I love being able to grab some of my favorite colors of decor and add to our home with upcycle ideas that are budget-friendly and easy to create!