This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ocala/Marion County VCB. All opinions are 100% mine.
Find a lot of fun and unique things to do in the fall around Ocala/Marion County, Florida.
Fall Activities In Ocala/Marion County, Florida
Summer is just about over, and we’re moving on to one of my favorite seasons, Fall! I’ve recently talked about quite a few things to do in Ocala/Marion County, including several vacation memories you can make with your family!
This Florida Travel vacation destination is located in Central Florida, just an hour and a half from Orlando. When most people think of Florida, they think of Orlando, Disney, Miami, Jacksonville, and some of the other big popular vacation destinations.
But if you know me, you know I LOVE to explore small towns and areas OUTSIDE of the popular destinations. Yes, we all love the popular places, but often I’ve found trying something new, brings more fun and excitement for my family and me.
Ocala/Marion County has quite a few fun things lined up for the fall season. Take a look below at some of the ones I’ve highlighted, then head over to their website to find more events Ocala/Marion County Activities planned for the fall months!
Nature Hikes at Silver Spring State Park (every 3rd Saturday)- Take a guided hike, exploring Silver Spring State Park. You will take the tour with David Rakes, an experienced and knowledgeable naturalist with a broad understanding of the natural communities surrounding the Silver River. Each hike will start from a different location in the park and will focus on various plants.
Farmstead Weekend at Crones’ Cradle Conserve- Farmstead Weekend is held every Saturday and Sunday. It’s a Farmers’ Market, where you can find a ton of great fresh picked vegetables, jams, jellies and more. Plus take a tour of this working vegetable and herb farm.
Oktoberfest 2017 (9/30)– Oktoberfest festivals happen all over the world. What makes Ocala’s kind of cool is the authentic German cuisine and brew you can have. Admission is free, but they do offer a VIP ticket which includes open bar, open food, a souvenir, t-shirt, indoor lounge, and bathrooms, with a chance to possibly meet the artists.
Feel Live Downtown Harvest Fest (11/11)- Harvest Fest features a full day of live music concluding the festival with a national headliner. The festival also includes over a dozen food trucks, a multitude of fine arts, craft, sales and non-profit vendors. Previous headliners have included Blues Traveler and Blackberry Smoke. In 2016, over 6,000 people attended Harvest Fest and shopped over 40 vendors. Get more information on their website.
Other fun events happening during the fall season:
- Line Dancing
- Ocala Cultural Festival at Tuscawilla Park (10/7)- You will find fun for the whole family with live entertainment, food, games activities and more!
- Ocala Pumpkin Run Car Show & Festival at Castro Farms (10/27)
- Performances taking place at the Ocala Civic Theatre
- Ranch Trail Rides- Ocala/Marion County is known as the Horse Capital of the World™. Take a trail ride and explore Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenway’s hundreds of miles of riding trails.
- Fort King Haunted Trail and Halloween Movie (happening at the end of October)
- Visit farms in the area to pick fresh fruit
- Light Up Ocala- This event takes place in November, which features a visit from Santa Claus, live entertainment, and a skating rink.
- Equiventures/Exmoor Farm Trails Fall Event (10/14)
As you can see, Ocala/Marion County has quite the variety of fun and unique things to do this fall. So pick one, or two, and plan a vacation to explore this beautiful area. You can also find Ocala/Marion County Lodging information here.
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- I Walked The Thor Ragnarok Red Carpet Premiere; here’s what I experienced! - October 16, 2017
- 8 Things You Need To Do Now To Prep For The Holidays - October 15, 2017
- The Homework Struggle Is Real: Here’s What I’m Doing About It! - October 12, 2017