Hey, it’s the weekend! It’s time to relax and celebrate some much needed downtime with another delicious cocktail created in The Worthey Household. Have you ever tried Persimmon in a mixed drink before? Me neither, until now! Read on to get the deets on this easy cocktail recipe for our original Apple & Persimmon Kicker.
Apple & Persimmon Kicker
Apples and Persimmons are some of the quintessential fall fruit flavors during the chilly months of autumn. And really, anytime of the year is a perfect time to try a new drink. We never had persimmons in a cocktail before, have you? Well, today is your lucky day! I have a super EASY cocktail recipe that involves both apples and persimmons. I really believe once you have a little sip of this, it may just become your favorite Fall or anytime of the year cocktail. This is also the perfect holiday palliative and would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s festivities. If done right, with a bit of attention to detail, cocktails can be both beautiful and delicious. We think our Apple & Persimmon Kicker fits the bill. So gather all of the ingredients and give this one a try. Make it hours (or a day) ahead of time to allow the delicious flavors to mend and you’ll have it ready to go for your guests and I’ll guarantee they’ll be asking for more. Cheers!
- 2 1/2 ounces apple juice or cider
- 1-ounce apple liqueur
- 1-2 tsp persimmon simple syrup
- 1.5 oz apple-flavored vodka
- juice of half a lemon
- granny smith apple slice
- lemon slice
- ice cubes
1. Add apple juice, simple persimmon syrup, vodka and ice into a Martini shaker and shake it but don’t break it!
2. Strain into chilled glass with ice cubes.
3. Garnish with granny smith apple wedges
Persimmon Simple Syrup Directions:
Prep. You will need the following tools. A small bowl, measuring spoons, a large soup spoon, a sauce pan and a fine mesh strainer.
- Over a small bowl, to catch any juice from the persimmon, cut and remove the top third of the fruit. Carefully insert the soup spoon between the outer skin of the persimmon and the ripe fruit and scoop the fruit into the bowl. Make sure to scrap all of the fruit and juices out, and don’t worry about the seeds because you are going to strain the syrup once it is finished.
- In a medium sauce pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add 2 cups of sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 2. Reduce heat to low and stir in spices and persimmon. Break up the fruit to release more juices and simmer for 15 minutes, strain into a large measuring cup. Transfer into a Mason jar with lid and refrigerate until cool. This can be made a day or more ahead of time.
- 3 oz rustic apple juice
- 2 tsp persimmon simple syrup
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into wedges
- ice cubes
- Persimmon Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 persimmon, quartered and stem and skin removed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ground ginger
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves