With loads of fresh and local fruit all around us, it’s the perfect time to make a summer salad. Try our Berry + Apple Summer salad, loaded with strawberries, berries, tomatoes, mixed salad greens and more. grab the recipe down below.
Berry + Apple Summer Salad
We’re going green in a super fresh way! The Mrs. has mentioned (more than a few times) her desire for a yummy salad, but what she envisioned was something loaded with delicious and fresh ingredients, but nothing too heavy or bland. On a recent trip to our local yokel Horrocks Farm Market, I found tons of what she was craving and hopefully, if I am lucky, I exceeded her expectations! I found mix salad greens, an excellent assortment of berries, and one thing Horrock’s Farm Market is known for, their almost limitless variety of apples.
I also found a wonderful Basalmic fig vinegar, and it was the perfect key ingredient for a light salad dressing when mixed with a bit of Greek olive oil and freshly cracked black peppercorns. And if summer berries are your thing, then you are going to love all of the ripe, plump, and juicy blackberries and strawberries I added to the salad bowl. I also included tri-colored heirloom tomatoes, golden raisins, crisp golden delicious apples, and red onions. All of these super fresh ingredients made for one amazing and visually stunning salad.
Summer Salad Recipe – Berry + Apple Summer Salad
- 2 cups mixed salad greens, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 radishes, cut into thin planks
- 1 golden delicious apple, cut into thin slices
- 6 large ripe strawberries, sliced thin
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, cut in halves
- 10 blackberries, rinsed well and whole
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin rings
- ProTip: prepare the ingredients ahead of time to cut down on the time it takes to put all of the ingredients together.
- This recipe makes two bowls of the Berry + Apple Summer Salad. Rinse and chop the mixed salad greens and arrange them in a salad bowl or plate.
- Arrange the prepared ingredients on top of the salad greens and drizzle with the Basalmic Fig + Greek Olive Oil dressing.
Basalmic Fig + Greek Olive Oil Dressing
- 1/3 cup Greek Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Basalmic fig vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Into a Mason jar add the Greek olive oil, Basalmic fig vinegar, sesame seeds, freshly cracked peppercorns, and sea salt.
- Secure the lid on the Masin jar and shake the ingredients together vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
So, tell me what flavors do you love to have in your salad bowl? Sweet or savory or like me, you love a mix of both in the same bowl.