Here’s one of many great prosciutto recipes to try! One of my favorite recipes at Thanksgiving and Christmas time is Broccoli with Prosciutto & Cream Gruyère sauce! The hubs put together this recipe a few years ago and it’s been a hit every year. Prosciutto can be expensive so I try to watch for a sale and buy it ahead of time, and it freezers just great!
Broccoli with Prosciutto & Cream Gruyère sauce
Here’s the recipe:
Direction on how to make Broccoli with Cream Sauce
- 2 Bunches of Fresh Broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Grated Gruyère (Or Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 1 Small Package of Prosciutto Panino (I use Boar’s Head)
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Crème Friache
- ½ Stick Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Small Yellow or Sweet Vidalia Onion Chopped
Directions on making the Cream Sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat add butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once butter melts add minced garlic and chopped onions. Sauté garlic and onions for two minutes until lightly brown, add heavy whipping cream and crème Fraiche stirring constantly. Let cook two more minutes then fold in grated Gruyère or Parmigiano Reggiano). Add salt, pepper, and Rosemary.
Broccoli: Rinse bunches of broccoli to remove any dirt, cut ¾ stalk off and discard. Quarter broccoli and set aside.
- Preheat Oven at 350
- Fill a stockpot ¾ full of water and bring to a roiling boil. Add Broccoli and cook for 4 minutes. Remove broccoli from water and place in a casserole dish. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Pour cream sauce over broccoli. Slice Prosciutto Panino into ½ inch medallions and place randomly over broccoli and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes then serve.