If you like warm and gooey, fresh out of the oven cookies, then I think I may have something for you. Lately though it seems, I’ve been putting chocolate in everything. From pancakes, homemade granola bars and now these delicious cookies.
But these cookies aren’t just your average run of the mill cookies. Yes, there’s chocolate aplenty, but there is also dried cranberries and cherries! And because it’s my mixing bowl I threw in some oatmeal as well. And there’s nothing like a good cookie with a cup of coffee. Yes, “coffee in the morning” is an oh so very necessary requirement.
What’s your favorite cookie? I would love to know. Maybe we can add a little something extra to up the yummy factor by at least 10. Sounds like a good plan to me. C’mon I dare ya’.
Cherry, Cranberry & Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces of good dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine granulated sugar, light brown sugar and softened butter and whip until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture and mix until smooth
4. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix until well incorporated.
5. With my stand mixer on low slowly add the flour mixture. Add the oats, cranberries and chocolate as well.
6. Mix until just incorporated.
7. Using the ice cream scoop place even dollops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet or pizza stone. Leave at least 2 inches between cookies
Grab the Salted Caramel Irish Coffee here.