This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Warm up with this hearty and comfort food. Our Instant Soup recipe is super easy to make, filled with delicious ingredients. You can use your slow cooker or Instant Pot® to make this chicken soup recipe. Get the recipe below: Chicken Tortilla Soup with Tortilla Croutons
Instant Pot Recipe | Chicken Tortilla Soup with Tortilla Croutons
Do you feel that? It’s in the air and the cooler temperatures can only mean one thing; the end of summer is right around the corner. Soon, the geese will take flight and head south, and the leaves will do the whole vibrant color thing and fall on the ground. But the biggie is the arrival of football season! The college and pro teams back at it again, tossing the old pigskin and our favorite rivalries battling it out on the gridiron. And that’s why I enjoy shopping at Walmart for everything I need for a game day foodie throwdown is essential. I can get it all at one convenient location and get back to enjoying friends, family and few favorite rivalries of my own. So, whether you rooting for a long time favorite or trying to assemble the greatest fantasy football team let me take the guesswork out of what to prepare for those often cold, rainy or snowy games day get-togethers. Read on and see what we’ve put together for everyone to enjoy for a complete blowout of flavor!
Ready to shop for delicious Pace® products? Hover over the photo above to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them!
Autumn is also the time for tailgating and serious game day food-a-ramas. And, if you’re looking for hearty soups, then our Chicken Tortilla Soup with Tortilla Wrapped Croutons is an easy contender for the best soup de jour play of the day. It’s also 100% delicious. Yet, as good as this soup is, it will be our Tortilla Wrapped Croutons that will get everyone talking. And don’t forget the Pace® line of sauces, because Pace® isn’t just for dipping. Pace® has been known for over 70 years of taking food to a whole new level with their enthusiasm and authentic southwest flavor. Pace® comes in a variety of textures and heat levels and it kicks the flavor up to 11! So yea, cooler weather is fast approaching, but that just means good food will continue throughout the year and beyond. I love spooning a healthy dollop of Pace® Salsa Verde on just about anything because of all the infused flavors!
You can’t have a chicken tortilla soup without tortillas, right? But, I took the indispensable tortillas to a whole other level. Wrapping thin strips of flour tortillas around cubes of Challah bread, I brushed them with melted butter, and seasoned the cubes with Chipotle sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns. And, if that wasn’t enough, I browned them in a mixture of melted butter and extra virgin olive oil. YUM! So, say hello to your new favorite version of Chicken Tortilla Soup. But as good as the soup and croutons are, it’s the additional toppings, like 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde and 24 oz. Pace® Picante Sauce that makes this whole wonderfully warm entree shine.
It is easy to “Ban the bland” with Pace® in every lovin’ spoonful!
Not only is Pace® Salsa Verde great on anything but cake, you can save money with this awesome Ibotta® deal on Pace® products at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
Chicken Tortilla Soup with Tortilla Wrapped Croutons
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Mexican-style chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Oregano
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 large cloves of garlic ran through a garlic press
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can, kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 10-ounce Sriracha diced tomatoes and red chiles
- 14.5-ounce diced tomatoes
- 32-ounce chicken stock
- 3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp masa harina
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce
- Into a small bowl combine ground thyme, sea salt, cumin, onion and garlic powder, Mexican oregano, and Mexican-style chili powder and mix well.
- Brush two chicken breast with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns.
- Remove the lid on the Instant Pot® and add a tablespoon of olive oil, select the Sauté setting, when the oil is hot, place the chicken breast into the pot.
- Cook for 3 minutes then turn over, place the lid on and lock it. Make sure the vent is closed and select pressure and select the manual timer for 5 minutes. After five minutes vent the Instant Pot®, unlock and remove the lid.
- Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to a bowl and one by one use two forks to shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Into the Instant Pot® add diced onions and run garlic through a garlic press, select the saute setting and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Next add Sriracha diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes, low-sodium chicken stock, water, and tomato paste. Stir mixture until the tomato paste has dissolved.
- Add a 1/3 of the seasoning, black beans, kidney beans, and shredded chicken.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and lock. Make sure the vent is closed and select the Soup/Broth setting and cook for 30 minutes.
- After time has expired, vent the Instant Pot® and unlock then remove the lid.
- Into a measuring cup add 1/2 cup of masa harina and 1/2 cup of warm water, mix well and stir into the soup.
- Replace the lid and select the Slow Cook setting and cook for 20 minutes.
- After time has expired, vent the Instant Pot®, unlock, and remove the lid. Taste the Chicken Tortilla Soup for taste and adjust accordingly.
- Serve with the choice of toppings.
Prepare additional toppings and place into serving bowls: Pace® Salsa Verde, Pace® Picante Sauce, diced red onions, sliced peppers, sour cream, Tortilla Wrapped Croutons and shredded Colby Jack cheese.
Tortilla Wrapped Croutons
- 3 pieces of thick-crusted white bread cut into one-inch cubes
- 1-2 flour Mission tortillas cut into 3 to 4-inch strips
- 2 Tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- chipotle sea salt
- freshly cracked black peppercorns
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of unsalted butter into a measuring cup and heat until the butter is melted, remove from microwave.
- Using a serrated knife cut bread into one-inch squares. I used two-day old Challah bread, which worked perfectly.
- Next, cut flour Mission tortillas into three to four-inch strips, and set aside.
- One by one, wrap the cubes of bread with strips of the flour tortilla.
- Brush cubes of tortilla-wrapped bread cubes with the olive oil and the melted butter mixture, and season with Chipotle sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns.
- Place a skillet over med-high heat and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, when the olive oil is hot place cubes of tortilla-wrapped cubes of bread into the skillet. Brown cubes of bread on each side turning the croutons over with a fork or a pair of tongs.
- When finished transfer the golden brown flour tortilla wrapped bread cubes onto a paper towel, set aside.
This hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup is not only perfect for fall and winter, but it’s a great option to serve for Game Day. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for a game day party? Drop me a line below and let me know!
How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.