Put a twist on your cocktail recipe with chunky monkey ice cream and blueberries to make a Chunky Monkey Blueberry Cocktail Shake.
Chunky Monkey Blueberry Cocktail Shake
Along comes winter and I am spending a lot of time indoors. Too much inside staring at four walls. It’s true, a lot of time closeted away from the sunlight can give you cabin fever. But having a lot of time on your hands can also be a real good thing. Because sometimes you get creative and my latest spurt of creativity produced the Chunky Monkey Blueberry Cocktail Shake. So, in spite of the blahs of winter I give a most wonderfully delicious offering.
- 2 ounces Rum Chata
- 1 ounce white rum (I was out of spiced rum)
- 1/2 ounce Blue Curaçao
- 1/2 pint Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey
- 2 tablespoons Blueberry Pie Filling
- 2 -3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 -2 tablespoons Cool Whip
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of blueberry pie filling into the bottom of a mojito glass.
- Add 1/2 ounce of Blue Curaçao.
- In a blender add a half a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey, 1 ounce of white rum and one tablespoon of heavy cream. Pulse a few times or more if you like a smoother consistency. Pour into glass.
- Top with Cool Whip and add a tablespoon of blueberry pie filling (or fresh blueberries).