Who says breakfast has to be boring? With a pint of your favorite ice-cream, Girl Scout Do-si-dos cookies, peanut butter, and cereal, you can have a deliciously fun and filling breakfast shake! Try our Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal Cookie Milkshake- get the recipe down below!
Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal Cookie Milkshake
MmmKay. Here we go. There’s an old adage that goes something like this, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” And it is also where we took our cue and went ahead and created this breakfast-inspired peanut butter cookie shake. So, what’s so breakfast-y about it? Well, for starters there’s peanut butter breakfast cereal and milk in the form of the heavy cream. But wait, it gets better. We also tossed Girl Scout Do-si-dos cookies into the mix too! You know, those crunchy oatmeal sandwich cookies with creamy peanut butter filling inside. Yes, those cookies. And finally, let’s not forget the Ben & Jerry’s vanilla ice cream! Yup! All of these yummy ingredients get thrown into a blender and given a whirl or two until the whole concoction is a slightly thick peanut buttery cream dreaminess that, if your a major peanut butter fan like me, you will 100% adore! And just for the record, I didn’t come up with this recipe all by myself, no siree I give credit to the fine folks at our local breakfast eatery Good Truckin’ Diner. I had their version several months back, and I have been hankering to make a go at it ever since. I think you will approve. Yes, indeed I most certainly do. Get the recipe down below, and if you make it drop us a line and tell us how you liked it. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or just because, I mean life calls for the unexpected some times, and more importantly you so deserve it!
How to make Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal Cookie Milkshake using Girl Scout Do-si-dos cookies
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter breakfast cereal
- 2 Girl Scouts do-si-dos cookies
- 3 -4 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- Into a blender add vanilla ice cream, chunky or smooth peanut butter, peanut butter breakfast cereal, Girl Scout Do-si-dos cookies, and two tablespoons of heavy cream or whole milk. Secure the lid and give it a good blend for a minute.
- Remove the lid and check the consistency, you can add heavy cream or whole milk a tablespoon at a time to get the thickness and creaminess you want. I like my shakes on the thick side, so I didn’t add as much heavy cream.
- Prepare the serving glass by scooping peanut butter on the bottom of a tablespoon and smearing it along the inside of the glass.
- Spoon the Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal Cookie Shake into the serving glass and drink it with a straw or scoop out the yumminess with a long-handled parfait spoon.
Find other milkshake recipes down below: