Winter months can be frustrating for a highly energetic dog. They still need to maintain their daily exercise routines and getting some fresh air. However, depending on where you live, winter months can be extremely harsh for pets. I’m sharing 9 dog activities to try during winter when those long cold days just won’t end! I’m also sharing our thoughts on the 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE.
9 Dog Activities To Try During Winter With The 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
Here are our few tips on finding things to do during winter when you have a puppy!
- When the temperatures are not below freezing, dogs LOVE the snow! This was Chance’s first winter, and it brought joy to our faces to see him chasing snowflakes.
- Look for indoor classes. Call your veterinarian’s office or look in the community newspaper (or Facebook groups) to find indoor pet classes. Depending on the area you live in, you may find a variety of classes from, yoga, indoor dog park, obedience classes, etc.
- Have a spa day with your furry friend. Dogs LOVE to be pampered and will enjoy the extra treats and attention.
- Depending on the age of your dog, take him or her to the local nursing home. You will have to call ahead for approval, but elderly folks love visits from adorable puppies like Chance. We are going to wait until he is a little bit older before doing this.
- Play indoor games. Chance loves to wrestle, play fetch and run around with our 12-year-old. Sometimes I just have to stop myself, take a deep breath, and let them run around the house and blow off steam.
- Outdoor dog park. Again, depending on the weather, we will take Chance to the park and let him run around, chasing the hubs and the 12-year-old. I seriously don’t know how this dog has THAT much energy, but it’s part of his breed.
- Have a playdate with another dog.
- Drop him or her off at a pet daycare for a few hours.
These are a few ways we keep our puppy entertained during the winter months. Usually letting him run until he wears himself out does the trick. He also loves to hop in the car and go on a long car ride. Thankfully, the Toyota Rav4 offers plenty of space for him in the back to relax and enjoy the scenic views.