Winter months can be frustrating for a highly energetic dog. They still need to maintain their daily exercise routines and getting some fresh air. However, depending on where you live, winter months can be extremely harsh for pets. I’m sharing 9 dog activities to try during winter when those long cold days just won’t end! I’m also sharing our thoughts on the 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE.
9 Dog Activities To Try During Winter With The 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
If you follow me on Instagram, you know we have the most adorable labradoodle known to mankind. He goes with us wherever we can take him! Recently we were able to check out the 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE, and you better believe Chance came with us. All that cargo space came in handy, and our labradoodle fit perfectly back there. I love that Toyota RAV4 is redefining what a hybrid can be.The 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE is a powerful vehicle that has all-wheel drive and has plenty of sportiness to it. Here are some other things I loved about it.
It’s been a looong winter here in Michigan. And when you have an active puppy, and a houseful of boys, winter seems even longer. It’s also been a very cold winter this year, which means, Chance can’t stay outside for a long time. During those long, cold winter days, we’ve had to find ways to keep him busy.
Here are our few tips on finding things to do during winter when you have a puppy!
- When the temperatures are not below freezing, dogs LOVE the snow! This was Chance’s first winter, and it brought joy to our faces to see him chasing snowflakes.
- Look for indoor classes. Call your veterinarian’s office or look in the community newspaper (or Facebook groups) to find indoor pet classes. Depending on the area you live in, you may find a variety of classes from, yoga, indoor dog park, obedience classes, etc.
- Have a spa day with your furry friend. Dogs LOVE to be pampered and will enjoy the extra treats and attention.
- Depending on the age of your dog, take him or her to the local nursing home. You will have to call ahead for approval, but elderly folks love visits from adorable puppies like Chance. We are going to wait until he is a little bit older before doing this.
- Play indoor games. Chance loves to wrestle, play fetch and run around with our 12-year-old. Sometimes I just have to stop myself, take a deep breath, and let them run around the house and blow off steam.
- Outdoor dog park. Again, depending on the weather, we will take Chance to the park and let him run around, chasing the hubs and the 12-year-old. I seriously don’t know how this dog has THAT much energy, but it’s part of his breed.
- Have a playdate with another dog.
- Drop him or her off at a pet daycare for a few hours.
These are a few ways we keep our puppy entertained during the winter months. Usually letting him run until he wears himself out does the trick. He also loves to hop in the car and go on a long car ride. Thankfully, the Toyota Rav4 offers plenty of space for him in the back to relax and enjoy the scenic views.
Here are a few other things we like about the Rav4:
The technology is unlike any other
I drive a lot of vehicles, and there is usually standard technology in each vehicle. The 2017 Toyota RAV4 rocked my technology world. My family and I love to turn up the Premium Audio that’s available and listen to our favorite tunes. Integrated Navigation and the App Suite will make your technology experience that much more unforgettable.
Look at that gas mileage!
Love the extra features
I love the 2017 Toyota RAV4 because it has a personality of its own. For example, the unique cup holders in this vehicle, you don’t have to worry about what coffee cup you’re bringing on the go with you. I also love the vanity mirrors for a quick makeup check before meeting with anyone. Not going to lie, all my boys liked that feature in this vehicle, boys gotta look good as teens too.
Safety is top notch
You know as awesome as all these features are, I’m in love with the safety aspect of the 2017 Toyota RAV4. We’re talking features like the Star Safety System that includes enhanced stability control. I can’t drive without Blind Spot Monitoring, and the RAV4 delivers it that area. Going up a hill? No problem, this vehicle has Hill Start Assistant Control. The list goes on and on safety-wise, but you’ll not be disappointed in any of the safety features.
The 2017 Toyota RAV4 is great on gas, which is a win-win for our family. We like to travel, so a bigger vehicle that has great gas mileage is a perk. If you’re looking for a sportier type of vehicle that delivers in every area, the 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE is it!
Disclosure: Thank you to Toyota for providing the Rav4 for our review. All photos and opinions are 100% my own.
Pin this list ideas on your Pinterest board:
The following two tabs change content below.
Welcome! I love to read about the latest social media changes. A big fan of the latest gadgets and reading up on what's going in the tech world. I value family. When I'm not sharing my latest thoughts on Autism, Life with boys and creating a fancy tablescape, you can find me over at A Mitten Full Of Savings sharing ways to save money and frugal tips. I LOVE to travel, shop and spend time doing absolutely nothing. I drink wine like a fat kid loves cake. I have a very sarcastic personality, but I mean well... (most of the time)!
Thanks for stopping by!