Here’s a fun kid-friendly Christmas craft to do this season. Not only can the kids have fun making this craft, they can eat it too!
Edible Red Chocolate Candy Ornaments
- 12 oz. package of Wilton red candy melts
- holiday sprinkles
- twine or ribbon
- foil or parchment lined baking sheet
- small sandwich baggie
- kitchen scissors
Directions to make your edible ornaments:
1. Pour about half of the red candy melts (6 oz) into a microwave safe dish. Heat the melts in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir every time the microwave stops. Do this until the candy is fully melted. My microwave only take a few minutes so it melts pretty quickly.
Allow the chocolate to cool a few minutes before using.
2. After allowing the chocolate to cool a few minutes, scoop it into the small sandwich baggie. Squeeze the extra air out and make a small snip in the corner using the scissors.
3. To make the chocolate ornaments simply squeeze the sandwich bag gently and make a circle of red chocolate. Once your circle is mad you can go back and forth with the baggie filling it in.
Make a small loop at the top of the chocolate ornament for the ribbon or twine if you wish.
4. Repeat, using the rest of the chocolate.
I made my ornaments about 2-3” big. I honestly wouldn’t go too much bigger because the are fragile if left out. Store in the fridge until you serve or give as a gift.
^ oz melted chocolate makes approximately 10-12 2-3” ornaments.