Mix up a batch of our Fall Fruit Sangria and enjoy so many of autumn’s favorite fall flavors. It’s mixed with slices of sweet apples, ripe plums, peaches, and a mix of slightly bubbly Rosé and delicious apple cider. The whole thing is sweetened with our homemade Blueberry + Cranberry Simple Syrup. À votre santé!
Fall Fruit Rosé Sangria
Fall for me signals the time of year to relax by a crackling fire and just chill. The heat, and sun up to sun down activity of summer can be a bit much. Not that we don’t enjoy it because we do, fall is a return to the normalcy of school scheduled for our boys and shorter daylight hours. And the falling temperatures also signal that it’s time to breakfast the bulky sweaters and flannel pajamas! I have always had a thing for fall fashion more than any other time of the year. Also, fall when we get a bit gussied up to take our traditional fall family photos.
We also love the bounty, harvest, and the comforting foods and drink of this time of the year. I look forward to Thanksgiving, which for me conjures lots of fond family memories; it’s my favorite holiday of them all. And then there’s Christmas. But, we’ll talk more about this wonderful holiday later. For now enjoy our Fall Fruit Rosé Sangria with slices of sweet apples, ripe plums, peaches, and a mix of slightly bubbly Rosé and delicious apple cider. The whole thing is sweetened with our homemade Blueberry + Cranberry Simple Syrup. Hint. This will make for a great Thanksgiving adult beverage. Just saying. À votre santé!
Directions on making a Fall Fruit Rosé Sangria
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples, thinly sliced and divided
- 2 Plums, thinly sliced and divided
- 2 Peaches, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 750 ml Rosé, chilled
- 2 cups Apple Cider, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberry + Cranberry Simple Syrup, chilled
- 2 tablespoons Apple Pie Spice, divided
- Using a mandolin slice one of each, apple, plum, and peach into thin slices and place into the bottom of a pitcher.
- Add chilled Rosé, apple cider, and the Blueberry + Cranberry Simple Syrup, and ground apple pie spice.
- Using a long-handled spoon gently mix the ingredients well until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add large ice cubes into standard rocks glasses, and a mixture of sliced apples, plum, and peaches for garnish.
- Fill each glass with the Fall Fruit Sangria. Serve.
It’s like drinking fall in a glass!
How to make Blueberry + Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh Cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple Pie Spice
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat add blueberries, cranberries, water and raw sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and use a potato masher to squeeze and release the juice from the fruit.
- Allow the mixture to boil for three minutes, then remove from the heat source. Let the mixture steep for five minutes. Strain the syrup using a fine mesh sieve into a Mason jar.
- Store in the refrigerator to chill.
- Use in cocktails or to sweeten tea.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive
Pair our Fall Fruit Rosé Sangria with our Southern Breakfast Bowl!
Pin it for later: