This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shell, in which I was compensated. The opinions and text are all mine.
There are quite a few rewards programs on the market, but how much are you earning with them? I’m sharing tips on how I’m saving on fuel, plus how the Fuel Rewards Program is “paying” me in other ways. Read on to find out how!
10 Ways Fuel Rewards “Pays” You Every Day
I’ve been talking about the variety of ways you can save on gas, travel, and getaway tips the last few months when you use Shell and the *Fuel Rewards® program. Well, since using the Fuel Rewards® program, I’ve explored a variety of ways you can use this program to pay for everyday expenses, travel and more. As mentioned before, when you sign up for the Fuel Rewards® program, you will receive Instant Gold Status, saving you 5 cents off per gallon, up to 20 gallons per fill for at least six months.
Here are several ways you can save every day, on purchases up to 20 gallons with the Fuel Rewards program:
- Of course, there’s saving on gas. Gas is something we must put into our vehicles on a daily or weekly basis. When I go to fill up at Shell, I’m instantly saving 5 cents off per gallon with the Fuel Rewards program and my Gold Status.
- Shopping. I love to shop, but I also love to save money by using coupons, discounts, sales, etc. With the Fuel Rewards program, you can earn up to 20 cents off per gallon when you shop with a linked Mastercard at participating stores.
- Rental Cars. Earlier this year we had to rent a car when our SUV was in the shop. When you set up a rental car with a linked Mastercard at participating locations, you can earn 10¢/gal for every $50 you spend through fuelrewards.com.
- Hotels. Another way you can earn fuel rewards is by booking a hotel reservation with a linked Mastercard at participating locations; you earn 5¢/gal for every $50 you spend on hotels through fuelrewards.com. Keep in mind you don’t have to travel far to find a participating hotel. I was able to find several hotels right in my town that participate in the Fuel Rewards program.
- Flights. I’m always looking for deals on flights, and I’m happy to see you can even earn fuel rewards when you book a flight through the Fuel Rewards travel site.
- Restaurants. We are big foodies, and we’re always looking for good places to eat locally and when we travel. This is another way we earn fuel rewards by linking our Mastercard and using it when we eat at participating restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised to find several participating restaurants right here in Mid-Michigan.
- Shopping online. There is also a variety of places you can shop online and earn fuel rewards. Some of my favorite stores like Barnes & Noble, Under Armour, and Staples are part of the participating list of stores.
- Gift Cards. This is something we buy all the time. As a person that loves to save money, I’m always looking for new ways to achieve this goal. When you buy gift cards and airtime cards, you earn 5 cents off per gallon for every $50 you spend.
- When you shop at a Shell station, you will earn 5 cents off per gallon on every $25 you spend. (this excludes the fuel purchase).
- Word of mouth. We’ve all seen our friends selling something, right? Well, what if you could REALLY help your friends and family with saving on something important? Send your referral link to them so they can join the Fuel Rewards program. Then, the first time a friend (or family member) uses the program by earning a reward or using their card at a participating Shell station after registering with your link, you will instantly earn 25 cents off per gallon (up to 20 gallons). There’s no limit to how many friends you invite or how many times you earn!
Here’s my favorite part about ALL of this. Okay, let’s say I book a rental car via the Fuel Rewards program and earn 20 cents off per gallon. I can stack that 20 cents off per gallon, with the 5 cents off per gallon I get with my Gold Status, and now I’m getting 25 cents off per gallon (up to 20 gallons). I don’t know about you guys, but that’s a big saving!
Another way I love to save is buying gift cards. If I’m buying iTunes, Amazon or even Shell gift cards, it’s better to buy the gift card first, get the 5 cents off for every $50 you spend, then turn around and pay for your purchases using the gift card(s). Talk about a win-win! We love to travel, and of course, using the Fuel Rewards program will help us save on our adventures by using these varieties of reward offers. But not only do these rewards help us save on travel, but we are also saving on everyday expenses and activities.
Sign up for the Fuel Rewards program so not only can you earn 5 cents off per gallon, up to 20 gallons per fill, you will also earn on travel and every day purchases!
*Restrictions apply. To qualify for the Gold/Silver Status offers, you must be a Fuel Rewards® member and swipe your Fuel Rewards® card or enter your Alt ID when you fuel at a participating Shell station. With Gold Status, you will receive 5¢/gal in Fuel Rewards® savings on every fill-up. The 5¢/gal reward for Gold Status will be combined with other rewards in your Fuel Rewards® account. If you are an existing Fuel Rewards® member, you will receive Gold Status from 6/5/2017 through 12/31/17, the “Existing Member Introductory Period.” If you are a new Fuel Rewards® member, you will receive Gold Status for the initial month you join through the last day of the month, 6 full calendar months later, the “New Member Introductory Period.” The last 3 months of the Existing Member Introductory Period or the New Member Introductory Period (collectively the “Introductory Period”) is the “Qualification Period.” You will retain your Gold Status during the Qualification Period, but you must make 6 qualifying fuel purchases to qualify for Gold Status for the next 3 months, the “Benefit Period.” During the Benefit Period, you must continue to make 6 qualifying fuel purchases to maintain your Gold Status for the next 3-month Benefit Period. A qualifying fuel purchase is any fuel purchase at a participating Shell station in which you swipe your Fuel Rewards® card or enter your Alt ID and fill up with at least 5-gallons of any grade of fuel. For example, if you are a new Fuel Rewards® member and register on 6/15/2017, you will receive Gold Status through the New Member Introductory Period (i.e., 12/31/2017). You will need to fill up with at least 5 gallons of fuel at least 6 times during the Qualification Period (i.e., 10/1/2017 and 12/31/2017) to maintain Gold Status during the Benefit Period (i.e., from 1/1/2018 to 3/31/2018). Thereafter, if you continue to fill up with at least 5 gallons of fuel at least 6 times during the successive 3 consecutive month Benefit Periods, you will retain your Gold Status. If you do not maintain your Gold Status, you will receive Silver Status. With Silver Status, you will receive 3¢/gal in Fuel Rewards® savings. The 3¢/gal reward for Silver Status will be combined with other rewards in your Fuel Rewards® account. Redeem Fuel Rewards® savings with your Fuel Rewards® card or Alt ID at participating Shell stations. Fuel Rewards® savings are limited to 20 gallons of fuel per purchase, per vehicle, or fraud limits placed by Shell and/or limits placed on your financial card by your financial institution, each of which may be lower. Fuel Rewards® savings must be redeemed in a single transaction. Once you begin to dispense fuel using your Fuel Rewards® savings, you must dispense to the 20-gallon limit or you forfeit any remaining discounted gallons of fuel. For example, if you only pump fifteen (15) gallons of fuel, you would abandon the remaining five (5) gallons of discounted fuel. If you have a rewards balance greater than the current per-gallon price of fuel, the price will roll down to the maximum capability of the fuel equipment, and your remaining rewards will be saved for a future fuel purchase. Dispenser may require a price of up to 10.9¢/gal. It may not be possible to combine multiple discounts and/or rewards in a single transaction. For purchases of $75 or more, please go inside to pay. Unbranded diesel and alternative fuels may not be eligible. The Fuel Rewards® program is owned and operated by Excentus Corporation. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Not valid where prohibited by law. Please see fuelrewards.com for complete Fuel Rewards® program details and Terms and Conditions. Other restrictions may apply. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. To learn more, visit fuelrewards.com/gold or call (888) 603-0473
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shell. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- I Walked The Thor Ragnarok Red Carpet Premiere; here’s what I experienced! - October 16, 2017
- 8 Things You Need To Do Now To Prep For The Holidays - October 15, 2017
- The Homework Struggle Is Real: Here’s What I’m Doing About It! - October 12, 2017