I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Easy, weeknight dinner idea using an Instapot using Sausage, peppers, onions, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pasta- Sausage Cacciatore. This super easy InstaPot recipe is a winner for the whole family.
I love making Chicken Cacciatore for my family. It’s one of our favorite go-to meals during the week. I usually make it using a crock pot, but tonight, I decided to try something different. I’ve talked about how much I love using my InstaPot, and how it has helped me get dinner on the table quickly. Since we’re big pasta fans, and I had a few package of Johnsonville’s Fully Cooked sausage on hand, I decided to make a Sausage Cacciatore! I wasn’t sure how it would taste with the flavor on the Johnsonville’s Fully Cooked Sausage mixed with my other flavors, but it was a HUGE hit with my family! (win-win). The smoked sausage added a lot of extra flavor to this Cacciatore recipe. This easy recipe took me about 35 minutes to make from start to finish. With a busy school season ahead, I’m looking forward to making easy recipes like this, using our Instapot, plus the delicious Johnsonville products!
This easy recipe took me about 35 minutes to make from start to finish. With a busy school season ahead, I’m looking forward to making easy recipes like this, using our Instapot, plus the delicious Johnsonville products!
Check out the recipe below:
- 1 cup, chopped onions
- 1 cup, chopped green peppers
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- One package of Johnsonville Fully Cooked Sausage (I used the smoked brats variety)
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- One can of stewed diced tomatoes
- One package of pasta- noodles
- pinch of salt
- Two tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Seasoning to taste ( oregano, cracked black peppercorns, Old Bay Seasoning)
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Toss onions, green peppers, celery and mushrooms into the InstaPot. Add Olive Oil and seasonings. Close the lid and hit the Saute button. (this takes about 10 minutes)
- Slice the Johnsonville Fully Cooked Sausage
- Once the veggies are done, add the diced tomatoes, the can of stewed diced tomatoes and sausage into the InstaPot. Add additional seasoning for taste.
- Hit the stew button on the InstaPot (this cooks for about 25 minutes)
- Once you hear the chime on the InstaPot, your meal is complete.
- Add the pasta to your InstaPot and mix thoroughly.
What are some of your favorite, easy, go-to meals to make for your family during the week? Drop me a comment below and let me know!