If you have never used essential oils, you may be wondering what they are, how they can benefit you, and where to get them. Essential Oils have a wide variety of uses and since you don’t need much to get the benefit of them, they are a low-cost solution to a lot of issues around your home and mind, body, and spirit. I have been hearing about them for a while and was curious myself. I have been looking and researching for ways to become a healthier person and natural ways to keep me and my family healthy. One of my friends started using Essential Oils and raved about the changes she was seeing in herself and with her kids. So, I am starting my journey down this road with Essential Oils.
Introduction to Essential Oils & My Journey So Far With It
Essential oils are made through a process of the distillery from many plants. They are highly concentrated and not the same thing as just scented oils you find in perfumes. Usually, they are the most beneficial parts of the plant and pure. You should look for food-grade if possible.
To use essential oils, you can do this in a few ways.
* You can inhale them directly. Don’t do this too hard or forcefully since you just need a few molecules to enter your body to get the benefit. Think of it like you would do if you were smelling a flower.
* You can dilute it in water since it has a very water-like consistency in most cases. This can be done in a bath, for instance.
* Many people use a carrier oil such as almond or olive oil for applying it directly to the skin.
Here’s how I’ve been using it over the last few months:
I order my beginner’s kit back around Christmas time. Over the past few months, I have been slowly using the oils and discovering all of the great benefits of them. A few weeks ago, one of the zzzboys’ had ringworm. Initially, I was going to take him to the medic station to get a script. But then I decided to mix a few essential oils that were suggested in the resource book. For 10 days, twice per day, I applied the mixture of oils on his arm, then bandaged it up. Each day, the ringworm went down and then eventually cleared up. It’s safe to say that I am now a believer in Essential Oils.
A few weeks ago we vacationed in Southern Cali. The hubs mentioned his back hurting on a daily basis. His job requires him to be physically active. I rubbed a little bit of deep relief on his back. The next morning I asked him about his back pain. GONE. He took my Deep Relief back to work him, and haven’t complained about any more back problems! So now I have to go back and order more Deep Relief because this helps me out a LOT.
I’m also using a few essential oils for the twins, peace and calming. One of the twins deals with anxiety and anger issues. Over the last few weeks, I have noticed changes in his behavior. So I believe they are working!
Some things to keep in mind when using essential oils:
- Don’t ingest oils that are not meant for consumption, such as those that are not food grade. Always follow reputable sites for information on how to use oils. Also, take at your own risk. Essential oils are not regulated by the FDA.
- Some oils, such as those that are citrus in nature, like orange or lemon, can make you more susceptible to sun damage. Don’t apply them directly to your skin right before heading outdoors.
- Test a very small amount of oil if you will be applying it to your skin before starting any regimen if you have not used a particular oil before. You want to make sure you won’t have an allergic reaction or be too sensitive to it. If you find certain ones irritate your skin, discontinue use or try diluting them a bit with a carrier oil.
- Know your oils well before using them. Some oils should not be used for certain conditions and by certain folks such as those that are pregnant.
- Don’t use too much at once. With essential oils, you really don’t need much to get any benefit. This is one of the appeals to using them. Don’t get too carried away as using too much can be a very upsetting experience.
Do you use essential oils? Are you considering them? Let me know in the comments!
So how do you get started with your Essential Oils:
There are several starter kits available through your Young Living wholesale membership, but the best value by far is the Premium Starter Kit. It comes with $329 worth of products for just $160!! That’s over 50% off!
The premium kit comes with everything you’ll need to get started with essential oils:
- Everyday Oils Collection with 11 of Young Living’s most popular oils
- 1 Diffuser (several options to choose from)
- 10 popular oil samples
- 2 NingXia Red samples
- 1 Roller Fitment
Young Living also has starter kits for $40 and $75, but in my opinion, it is very worth it to get the Premium Starter kit. I’ve heard from several people who went for the smaller starter kits and are now regretting not getting the premium one in the beginning.
PLUS, you will get a few BONUS FREEBIES:
Purchase the starter kit today by using the steps below, and I’ll send you the following free items:
- Essential Oils Reference Materials ($15.95 value) **you will want this one! It’s a great way to reference what oils to use for symptoms, ailments, etc.
- Set of Essential Oils Labels ($3.95 value)
- $20 Amazon Gift Card
- You’ll also get access to our private Facebook groups with over 1,500 members to help support you on your essential oil journey!
If you are ready to buy a starter kit, then be sure to sign up as a wholesale member (with one of the premium starter kits) through the instructions below to take advantage of these freebies.
1. Head over to the Young Living page here and fill out your information.
2. Be sure the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices.
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 2296896 (so that I can send you your freebies- woohoo!!)
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds here and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. To get the freebies, you’ll need to check the option that says “Premium Starter Kit”. You can get the kit that’s $150 or you can get the kit that’s $160 with the Bamboo Diffuser (in my opinion, the Bamboo Diffuser looks nicer, but doesn’t put out as much as the diffuser that comes with the $150 kit).
6. There’s a Step 3 of the sign-up process that you can skip if you don’t want to mess with that part, OR you can get a couple of extra free oils if you know already that you would like to order monthly (see BONUS step below!)
7. Go through the checkout process.
If you’re not ready to buy a kit or just want to buy specific items, like the Deep Relief, just click HERE to buy specific products! But trust me, it’s worth it to get the Starter Kit. Plus you get a Diffuser! I LOVE mine and will be getting another one soon!
BONUS Step 9 (COMPLETELY Optional!)
If you would like to earn a BONUS essential oil, then you need to get your order total up to 190 PV (different products have different point values). If you get the $160 Premium Starter Kit then you’ll automatically have 100 point value… then you’ll just need 90 more points to get the bonus oil. For example, you could grab an extra bottle of Thieves Oil at 33.75 points, 15 ml bottle of Lavender at 23.5 points, 15 ml bottle of Lime at 11 points, and the 14.4 ounces of Thieves Household Cleaner at 22 points (just pour one capful of the concentrated Thieves cleaning solution into a spray bottle and it lasts for a really long time!) All of those items will bring your total points up to $190.25 which will qualify you to get the BONUS oil! (This step is completely optional!)
There’s absolutely no obligation to do the Essential Rewards program, but if you would like to get both of the free oils available this month and you know you’ll be ordering regularly, then it’s a great program to maximize your savings!
This promotion is only available to those in the United States. Please scroll down if you live outside of the US to get details on a special promotion just for you!
Do you have more questions? Scroll down for several frequently asked questions!
*Disclaimer: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does signing up make me a “distributor”?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get a “thank you” check from Young Living for their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. In fact, 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
There are absolutely no minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order.
If you do find yourself making regular purchases each month, then Young Living has a rewards program called Essential Rewards where you can make a nice percentage back in product credit each month on all of your purchases. So that’s a neat program to join if you find that you *want* to purchase regularly, but it’s not a requirement for being a wholesale member.
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oils companies?
It does seem like a new essential oils company pops up every day, doesn’t it?
I can’t speak to the quality of other companies, but I can say that Young Living is the only company that has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown), can absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not), and only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
Young Living also is the only company that I know of that is directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company that I know of goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who has to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing.
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several.
It’s a trust step either way since anyone could be lying, but I personally feel the most comfortable trusting Young Living since they are a full-disclosure company. Anyone can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process. That’s not an option with other companies.
How will I know which oils to use for what?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook group that’s specifically for questions about essential oils! We have a wealth of information right in our Facebook group and there are always other “oilers” who are happy to share their experiences.
The reference guide we are giving away as part of this promotion is also a HUGE resource. You can look up almost anything in it and see which essential oils and supplements can be helpful.
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
Young Living actually has an entire line of personal care products, supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, and more! Almost every product incorporates essential oils (for example, frankincense is absolutely wonderful in facial products), but a wide variety of products are available.
What if I live outside of the United States?
For those who live in Canada, we will mail the book and labels but will need to either reduce or remove the gift card to cover the extra shipping charge.
International orders of 100 PV or more will receive a $25 Amazon or Paypal gift card. Many times the only kit that is offered to those that reside outside of the US doesn’t have a PV at all. To receive the gift card, you will need to have a minimum of 100 PV in your final order.
What about the overseas US military?
If you are military with an APO/FPO address, you can still receive the same promotion as those in the United States since the address is here in the US.
Definitely take advantage of this promotion with the freebies while this offer is available!! Ready to order? Sign up HERE.