I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Italian Sausage Burrito with Potatoes
Do you ever have those blank stare moments when the kids stare at you and ask, “Mom, what’s for dinner?”
If you think how I think, you might reply with “cereal!”
Yup, we all have those moments where we go with the easiest-fix-it-yourself-idea for dinner. I said this year I was going to get better at NOT being prepared. The hubs and I try to sit down each week and plan out our week and who’s cooking dinner. Since he does most of the cooking around here, I escape this job all the time.
He will take his time in the kitchen, working on creative, delicious and healthy meals. I tend to take the easier road: give me easy and under 30-minute meals for 500 Alex. I’m excited to partner with Johnsonville and share some of my easy go-to meals anyone can whip up in their kitchen.
What’s south of the border and speaks fluent Italian? Give up? It’s my delicious flip on the traditional Mexican burrito. Instead of beef or chicken, I used a pound or so of Johnsonville Ground Italian Sausage. I tossed in some flat-leaf parsley, which is also called Italian Cilantro, fair enough? And with the addition of pan fried Yukon Gold potatoes, this recipe also doubles as an excellent breakfast meal. This menu also calls for Spanish onions and a clove or two of garlic. And to take things up another level, you can also throw on a fried egg for a major protein boost. After the jump check out the full recipe.
- 1.5 pound Johnsonville Ground Pork Sausage
- 1.5 cups of Yukon Gold potatoes, clean, and cut in 1″ cubes
- 0.5 cup of Spanish onions
- 1 Avocado
- 0.5 cup of Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Prep, chop and cut avocado ahead of time.
- In a skillet over med-high heat all a tablespoon of olive oil, when oil is hot, add hot potatoes and brown. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet with a lid. Cook potatoes for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a separate skillet over med-high heat break apart meat and brown Johnsonville sausage. Remove to a bowl lined with paper towel to absorb drippings.
- Wipe pan clean and toss in a flour tortilla and toast on both sides. Place toasted tortilla on a plate and fill it with Johnsonville sausage, potatoes, red onions, parsley, cheese.
- Wrap and eat.
Enjoy! I hope you enjoyed our easy Italian Sausage Meal Idea. If you’re a fan of Johnsonville products or want to learn more about Johnsonville’s All Natural Fresh Italian Mild Ground Sausage, be sure to head over to their website.
What are some easy and creative ways you use Johnsonville in your kitchen? What’s one of your BEST 30-minute meal idea? Feel free to leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you!