Jasmine Rice with Zucchini, Kale, Parsley and Parmesan
Okay. Although the salmon steaks are good enough to eat without a side, I feel this Jasmine Rice recipe compliments it well. But this isn’t just any old Jasmine rice, this has zucchini, kale, parsley and some good Parmesan. Talk about taking it up a notch. I paired this easy recipe for Jasmine Rice with Baked Salmon, Sweet Candy Onions and Brown Sugar Mandarin Glaze, so be sure to check that out!
Here’s what you will need:
- 3 Cups of Jasmine Rice
- 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 Ounces of Parmesan, Grated
- 1 Cup of Zucchini, chopped in squares
- 1 Cup of Kale, Chopped
- 1 /3 Cup of Parsley, Chopped
1. Cook Jasmine rice according to package directions
2. In a medium non-stick skillet add a tablespoon of EVOO and saute zucchini
3. Pour sautéed zucchini into a bowl. Add another teaspoon of EVOO and saute Kale
4. When Jasmine rice is finished cooking add a tablespoon of EVOO and fluff rice with a fork
5. Add sautéed zucchini and kale to rice and mix well
6. Grate 3-4 ounces of Parmesan over rice and serve
If you try this Jasmine Rice recipe, come back and let me know your thoughts on it!