“I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsKetchup
Easy Dinner recipe- Take a classic meatloaf recipe to make Olive Burger Meatballs in under 30 minutes!
Olive Burger Meatballs Recipe
As we gear up for the back to school season, we’re trying to enjoy a last few days of summer! We had a fun time last month putting together an Americana hot dog stand with all of the works and a few treats. We’re back with another fun way to use French’s Tomato Ketchup. Get out the grill, and try “the worthey way” to make meatballs!
I’m sure you’ve tried your hand at making meatloaf. Growing up, I used to LOVE my Mom’s meatloaf. It was one of her best meals! Over the years I’ve incorporated her recipe into my easy dinner meal ideas, and it’s been a hit with the boys. Derrick decided (because loves to switch things up) to take our regular meatloaf recipe and give it a twist.
He’s sharing how he did it down below!
Okay, it’s time for something a little off the beaten track because you’ve done the meatloaf thing and the meatball thing too. Now try our Olive Burger Meatballs. Why do you ask? Well, why not? If you love olive burgers then there’s a pretty good chance you will enjoy olive burger meatballs as well. But this isn’t all about the olives in the burger, it is also about a few other ingredients namely our French’s Ketchup. We like using French’s products because of the natural ingredients and free from free from high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, artificial flavors & colors and gluten!
And by using French’s Ketchup, you are getting a great flavor of U.S. farm-grown tomatoes! Because for me, there’s nothing like the flavor packed zest of quality ketchup taking whatever I am cooking to the next level.
Olive Burger Meatballs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp ground chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp McCormick chipotle sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup French’s Fried Onions
- 1 /2 cup French’s Ketchup
- Grill. Fill the chimney 100% full to achieve a temperature of 325 – 350 degrees, cook meatballs using indirect heat and on off a grill plated surface. Brush grill plate surface with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Allow the grill plate to get hot.
- Place a skillet over med-high heat and add extra virgin oil, when the oil is hot add onions, green and red peppers, and garlic.
- Sauté the vegetables until the onions are just translucent.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, onion and pepper mixture, seasoning, bread crumbs, eggs, chopped olives, French’s Fried Onions and French’s Ketchup.
Diced and sliced olives galore! Want to make quick work of all of you cutting needs in the kitchen. I love my Chicago Cutlery knives. These are affordable high-quality knives and they are have been a mainstay in our kitchen several years now. CUT!
- Mix gently until ingredients are combined.
- Gently form mixture into meatballs, now the size of the meatballs is up to you but I made these about the size of a tennis ball.
- When forming the meatballs, try to form them gently which will ensure tender meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the hot grill plate and close the grill lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes per side.
- Remove the meatballs from grill when an internal temperature of 165-degrees is reached.
- Allow the meatballs to cool for about 10 minutes, then serve with brown rice and chopped pan-fried kale (you can also serve them with pasta or another vegetable or side of your choice).
This easy dinner idea is done within 30 minutes! We used our Instant Pot to make the perfect rice in less than 14 minutes!
The tween gives it a thumbs up!
You can find more recipe ideas using French’s Ketchup by visiting their Pinterest page and Facebook page!