Pan Roasted Homemade Breakfast Burritos
Our boys love it when I make breakfast burritos and I must say I love it too. For me I love having all of my favorite breakfast flavors stuffed into a pan roasted flour tortilla shell.
The cool thing about breakfast burritos is you get to put in whatever suits your fancy. Fried Egg? Go for it! Skillet Fried Potatoes? Of course. Crumbled Thick-Cut Bacon mixed with spicy Chorizo? I’m not even going to try and stop you.
The ingredients you can use to make your perfect breakfast burrito is only limited to your imagination. So get in the kitchen and think outside the box.
Here is what you’ll need to make my Pan Roasted Homemade Breakfast Burritos:
- 4 – 6 large flour tortillas
- 4 – 6 eggs, fried, scrambled or over easy
- 3 – 6 breakfast sausages, chopped
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Tuscan kale, chopped and pan fried
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black peppercorns, to taste
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Anaheim Peppers
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Dice sweet onion, chop kale and cube potatoes. In a medium size skillet add a 2 tablespoons of EVOO, when oil is hot add cubed potatoes and brown then. Add diced sweet onions and toss potatoes, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Then turn burner to low, cover dish and cook potatoes for 25 minutes or until the tines of a fork can pass easily through potatoes.
- Cook breakfast sausage and chop it up, set aside.
- Prepare eggs to your liking. I fried the eggs for this recipe, set aside
- Wipe skillet clean and pan fry the diced onions then the chopped kale, set aside.
- Take a flour tortillas and spread cream of mushroom soup over surface, add potatoes, sausage, onions, kale, fried egg and shredded Mexican cheese.
- Fold tortillas and brown on each side.
- Serve with sour cream, Sriracha, chopped tomatoes and sliced peppers.