This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Pizza Puff Pastry Pork Tenderloin
Okay, now say that three times fast! But just like its namesake our Pizza Puff Pastry Pork Tenderloin is without a doubt quite the delicious mouthful. Just imagine, on the other side of the flaky puff pastry lies a bit of foodie nirvana just beneath. Of course, we got so many of the good things that make a great pizza, well, great! Like, lots of Mozzarella, pepperoni, marinara sauce, peppers, and then there’s the undeniable star of the show, the succulent Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin. Oh! Be still my food loving heart!
Here’s the thing about Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. It makes dinner easy. The pork is already marinated, so there’s nothing to add, no extra steps for this and extra steps for that. It’s super easy, just out of the package and into a pot. And while the meat is cooking you have time to whip up a few sides, or maybe a salad and dinner is done! From start to finish it is only 30 to 40 minutes, and dinner is done. With Smithfield®, it’s Real Flavor, Real Fast!
Basically, withSmithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork good stuff can save the day and shorten the time you spend in the kitchen trying to come up with something everyone will eat. That means you will have more time doing more of the stuff you need to do. You know, like helping your sixth grader unravel the mysteries of common core math.
I have a question, what are some of the ways you save time during the school year? Do you prep meals the night before? Or maybe do batch cooking? Tell me something good in the comments section down below. Also, check out the recipe down there too! I promise it is a keeper!
- 1/2 cup sliced peppers
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 package o fSmithfield® Marinated Garlic & Herb Loin Filet
- 1 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded or cubed Mozzarella
- 1 cup pan-fried kale
- 2 large Pepperidge puff pastries
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 egg beaten well
- 1Tbsps of extra virgin olive oil divided
- Preheat oven to 375° F. (to cook the pork tenderloin). Reduce the heat to 350 ° F when cooking the Pizza Puff Pastry Pork Tenderloin.
- Follow the cooking instructions on the package of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork
- In a skillet over medium heat, add one (1) tablespoon of EVOO, when the oil is hot pan fry the chopped kale. When the kale is bright green and tender remove from heat source.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Line a baking dish with one Pepperidge puff pastry and bake at 350 ° F for ten minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the puff pastry to cool.
- Add 1/2 cup of marinara sauce onto the puff pastry lining the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add 3-4 slices of cooked marinated pork.
- Add cheese and work in layers using the rest of the ingredients.
- Top with more marinara sauce and Mozzarella cheese, then cover the dish with the remaining puff pastry.
- Crack a single egg into a small bowl and add 1/2 tbsp of EVOO. Whisk for several minutes. Use a baker’s brush to coat the top puff pastry.
- Using a sharp knife cut vent holes into the center of the puff pastry.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving.