If your kids are fans of pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches, then they will love our twist on these classic food ideas, known as the Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Pair with one of the four updated CAPRI SUN products, and you’ve got a great lunch idea for kids!
Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwich + New CAPRI SUN Varieties
Question? What’s in your kid’s juice? Chances are it’s overflowing with too much sugar with more than a smidgen of artificial flavors and food coloring. Doesn’t sound too appetizing and refreshing, does it? But that’s not the case with CAPRI SUN since they’ve made some upgrades on four of their products. The updated CAPRI SUN flavors are made with all-natural ingredients, no added sugar* and no high-fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. And, they still have the taste kids will love, and parents will approve! So, pack your child’s lunch bags and boxes with the confidence that they’re not drinking loads of added sugar.
Nothing brings the family together like good food, and these Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese sandwiches was something we all agreed on! And what are you going to pair with all of those delicious CAPRI SUN drink pouches? We got the perfect little people-pleaser! Is there anything like gooey, cheesy pizza? Well yes, there is! Our Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese is full of so many things that make a good pizza great!
I used all of the pizza toppings my sons love like mozzarella cheese, deli-sliced ham, and pepperoni! I also spread on homemade pesto and set down bowls of marinara sauce for dipping. Our boys were all in for this updated grilled cheese sandwich recipe. But that’s not all, because with something this good you’re going to want something super refreshing to wash it all down. My boy’s favorite was the CAPRI SUN Fruit Refreshers! They loved the flavor and as parents, we loved how they are made with a blend of fruit juice and filtered water, and a whopping 50% less sugar than the average leading fruit juice**. Choose from the Awesomely Apple, Very Berry Punch, and my favorite the Orange Pineapple Tango. As a parent, this is a win-win! We know our boys are getting less sugar and that’s a good thing.
What to drink is the easy part because CAPRI SUN has the good stuff in the bag. Now, let’s make some Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Let’s start with a couple of slices of good artisanal honey white bread from one of our favorite bread makers. Brush both sides with a mixture of extra virgin olive oil and melted unsalted butter. Pro-Tip: Why toast both sides of the bread? Basically, who wants a soggy grilled cheese sandwich? Toasting both sides of the bread will ensure a non-soggy experience. Plus, melting cheese adheres to toasted bread versus non-toasted bread. The more surface area of the bread that’s toasted equals more crispy texture.
Warm gooey mozzarella cheese is the bee’s knees!
And it’s hard to imagine this recipe without savory pepperonis and deli shaved ham.
Now, what do you think of these sandwiches? Warm. Toasty. Cheesy. Meaty. It sounds like a 100% good time to me!
How to make Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of artisanal bread
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices large pepperoni
- 8 slices deli shaved ham
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided into two dipping bowls
Additional Pizza Toppings:
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Italian Sausage
- Put butter in a microwave-safe container and heat for 25 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Add the EVOO to the melted butter and mix well.
- Place a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet over med-low heat.
- Using a small baker’s brush coat both sides of two slices of bread and place them side by side in the skilled.
- Cook until the bottom is just starting to brown.
- Flip the slices of bread over, and working quickly, on one slice of bread evenly spread a tablespoon of pesto, then sprinkle on two tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add four slices of pepperoni, and an equal quantity of shaved ham, add more cheese and place the other slice of lightly toasted bread on top, flip the sandwich over and finish cooking until the bread is golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with small bowls of marinara sauce.
Dipping it in the marinara sauce completes this stuffed grilled cheese sandwich!
It’s safe to say, the boys approved of this pairing! Add some sliced apples or other fruit, and you have a complete meal!
As a dad of three growing boys, it’s important I’m whipping up food they love, but it is also good for them! I’m glad to know CAPRI SUN feels the same way and listened to their consumers, who are parents of the kids that drink their products.
What flavors are you planning on buying? Don’t forget the ingredients to make our incredible Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
[ this was a previously sponsored post]