Thank you, CAPRI SUN for sponsoring this post. You can find CAPRI SUN’s four new All Natural Ingredient and No Sugar Added* products at most grocery retailers nationwide, including local grocery stores, mass merchandisers, and club stores.
If your kids are fans of pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches, then they will love our twist on these classic food ideas, known as the Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Pair with one of the four updated CAPRI SUN products, and you’ve got a great lunch idea for kids!
Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwich + New CAPRI SUN Varieties
Question? What’s in your kid’s juice? Chances are it’s overflowing with too much sugar with more than a smidgen of artificial flavors and food coloring. Doesn’t sound too appetizing and refreshing, does it? But that’s not the case with CAPRI SUN since they’ve made some upgrades on four of their products. The updated CAPRI SUN flavors are made with all natural ingredients, no added sugar* and no high-fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. And, they still have the taste kids will love, and parents will approve! So, pack your child’s lunch bags and boxes with the confidence that they’re not drinking loads of added sugar.
And what are you going to pair with all of those delicious CAPRI SUN drink pouches? We got the perfect little people-pleaser! Is there anything like gooey, cheesy pizza? Well yes, there is! Our Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese is full of so many things that make a good pizza great!
We used shredded mozzarella, deli sliced ham, and pepperoni! We also spread on homemade pesto and set down bowls of marinara sauce for dipping. Our boys were all in for this updated grilled cheese sandwich recipe. But that’s not all, because with something this good you’re going to want something super refreshing to wash it all down. Here’s where the newly updated line of CAPRI SUN drink pouches is served. They’re so convenient!
First, we cooled them in the ice box until they’ve reached chilly perfection, like just short of freezing perfection. Then our boys picked from a variety of four updated CAPRI SUN Flavors:
- CAPRI SUN Organic: Certified USDA Organic fruit drink blend aimed at helping parents strike the right balance between what their kids want to drink and what parents feel good about serving.
- CAPRI SUN 100% Juice: Served in the classic CAPRI SUN pouch, 100% Juice is a refreshing juice drink offering a ¾ cup of fruit juice per pouch.
- CAPRI SUN Fruit & Veggie Blends: Previously known as Super V, CAPRI SUN Fruit & Veggie Blends is packed with yummy fruit and veggie juices, giving kids the delicious fruit juice they love with the added benefits of vegetable juices with ½ cup of fruit and veggie juice per pouch.
- NEW CAPRI SUN Fruit Refreshers: A convenient beverage made with a simple combination of all-natural fruit juice and filtered water that has an awesome taste kids love without the sugar that mom doesn’t want. Fruit Refreshers also have 50% less sugar than the average leading fruit juices**
Our favorite was the CAPRI SUN Fruit Refreshers because they are made with a blend of fruit juice and filtered water, and a whopping 50% less sugar than the average leading fruit juice**. Choose from the Awesomely Apple, Very Berry Punch, and my favorite the Orange Pineapple Tango. As a parent, this is a win-win! We know our boys are getting less sugar and that’s a good thing.
What to drink is the easy part because CAPRI SUN has the good stuff in the bag. Now, let’s make some Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Let’s start with a couple of slices of good artisanal honey white bread from one of our favorite bread makers. Brush both sides with a mixture of extra virgin olive oil and melted unsalted butter. Pro-Tip: Why toast both sides of the bread? Basically, who wants a soggy grilled cheese sandwich? Toasting both sides of the bread will ensure a non-soggy experience. Plus, melting cheese adheres to toasted bread versus non-toasted bread. The more surface area of the bread that’s toasted equals more crispy texture.
Warm gooey mozzarella cheese is the bee’s knees!
And it’s hard to imagine this recipe without savory pepperonis and deli shaved ham.
Now, what do you think of these sandwiches? Warm. Toasty. Cheesy. Meaty. Sounds like a 100% good time to me!
How to make Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of artisanal bread
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices large pepperoni
- 8 slices deli shaved ham
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided into two dipping bowls
Additional Pizza Toppings:
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Italian Sausage
- Put butter in a microwave-safe container and heat for 25 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Add the EVOO to the melted butter and mix well.
- Place a large cast iron or non-stick skillet over med-low heat.
- Using a small baker’s brush coat both side of two slices of bread and place them side by side in the skilled.
- Cook until the bottom is just starting to brown.
- Flip the slices of bread over, and working quickly, on one slice of bread evenly spread a tablespoon of pesto, then sprinkle on two tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add four slices of pepperoni, and an equal quantity of shaved ham, add more cheese and place the other slice of lightly toasted bread on top, flip the sandwich over and finish cooking until the bread is golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with small bowls of marinara sauce.
Dipping it in the marinara sauce completes this stuffed grilled cheese sandwich!
It’s safe to say, the boys approved of this pairing! Add some sliced apples or other fruit, and you have a complete meal!
As a dad of three growing boys, it’s important I’m whipping them up food they love, but is also good for them! I’m glad to know CAPRI SUN feels the same way and listened to their consumers, who are parents of the kids that drink their products. This is the main reason CAPRI SUN created these four products with All Natural Ingredients and No Added Sugar*, and why their products have never contained artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, giving parents the best options for their kids!
What flavors are you planning on buying? Don’t forget the ingredients to make our incredible Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
*not a low-calorie beverage
**per 60z, this produce 10g of sugar, leading average fruit juice 20g of sugar
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by D. Durand Worthey (see all)
- How The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Is Helping Me Win This Holiday Season - November 21, 2017
- Fall Fruit Rosé Sangria - November 17, 2017
- Pizza Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwich + New CAPRI SUN Varieties - November 12, 2017