Our Pomegranate Lemonade cocktail was custom made for creating lasting, and delicious Summertime memories. Plus, what goes better with good food than something that is equally delicious to wash it all down? We all know the sweltering days and humid nights are on the way, so you might as well stock up on cool and drinkable cocktail recipes. I took huge liberties with the traditional whiskey sour and made an inventive and fantastic adult formulation that’ll suit ya’ just fine.
This tall glass of sunshine, visually and tastefully reflects the sun-splashed vibe of the summer season. And besides, who needs whiskey when Deep Eddy Lemon vodka is close at hand? I also mixed in loving spoonfuls of my favorite Country Time lemonade mix and kept true to form with a shot (or two) of the lemon sour mix. But the kicker here is the sweet contrast of the crimson pomegranate seeds suspended in the lemony mellow yellow. We think the pomegranate adds a bit of neato visual texture that pulls you in like a honey bee to peony nectar, or something like that. Toss in a few shards of ice and top it all off with a fresh sprig of just cut mint and you’re gonna be golden.
You can enjoy this one Han Solo style or pair it with foodie favorites, like a heaping plate of barbecue or your favorite DIY burger. Oh, by the way, this one also goes very well with fish tacos, just putting that out there just cause. Also, we were wondering, do you have a new or longstanding favorite summer cocktail? We would love to try it, so leave a comment below because we love talking to strangers. Get the Pomegranate Lemonade recipe right down there. See ya’ later gator!
- 1.5 tablespoons Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 ounces Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka
- 2 ounces Powell & Mahoney Lemon Sour Mix
- 3 ounces of lemonade made with your favorite lemonade mix
- Spring of fresh mint
- Crushed Ice
- In a cocktail shaker add Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka, Powell & Mahoney Lemon Sour Mix, Lemonade, 1/2 tbsp of pomegranate seeds and top with crushed ice.
- Shake mixture in a cocktail shaker vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a mojito glass filled with crushed ice.
- Add a heaping tbsp of pomegranate seeds and stir slightly.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive