Our Salmon Enchiladas with Tomatillos & Black Beans is a great dinner night meal idea. Or, serve for the holidays or a game day party. Either way, this savory and delicious recipe made with salmon will be a winner at the party or dinner table.
Salmon Enchiladas with Tomatillos & Black Beans
There is something to be said about imagination and good food. Creating a new recipe, like our Salmon Enchiladas with Tomatillos & Black Beans is a perfect example of thinking outside of the box and a delicious dish our friends and family will love.
But like any good recipe, it all starts with fantastic ingredients. We got some salmon and fresh cilantro from the family garden. There’s fresh sweet corn off of the cob, green onions, black beans and a lot of Mexican cheese. But my go-to secret ingredient for this recipe is the El Yucateco® Caribbean Habanero hot sauce! I love this stuff. I use El Yucateco® products in several of our recipes, including the ah-mazing Hot Spinach & Sweet Corn Dip with Bacon Mini Salad. Seriously, I’m still thinking about this dip which was a home run.
Today, I’m sharing a new way to make your enchiladas for game day. As a family, we love spending time watching football and basketball games. We may all have different teams, but we will agree on one thing, the food is always on point.
And the El Yucateco® Caribbean Habanero and Green Chile hot sauces both go great with seafood. So, rest assured the salmon feels right at home smothered in the right stuff. The Green Habanero sauce is El Yucateco®’s #1 seller nationally. With its fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices, and seasonings, it makes a whole lot of flavor in just a few drops. El Yucateco® products are not just adding to your dish at the end, but infusing the flavors into the recipe. Take a look at what we did below with our Salmon Enchiladas with Tomatillos & Black Beans.
- 3 salmon fillets
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup green onions
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tomatillo
- 2 tablespoons Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon enchilada seasoning
- freshly cracked black peppercorns, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco® Carribean Habanero
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Rinse and pat dry salmon fillets
- In a large bowl, add salmon fillets, two (2) tablespoons each of El Yucateco® Carribean hot sauce and El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero, two (2) tablespoons, one (1) tablespoon enchilada seasoning, sea salt, and freshly cracked black peppercorns. Use a kitchen brush and make sure the salmon fillets are sufficiently coated with the marinade. Let the salmon stand at room temperature for fifteen (15) minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over med-high heat, add two (2) tablespoon of unsalted butter and two (2) tablespoons of Spanish EVOO. When the oil/butter is hot add salmon fillets (skin side up) and sear for four (4) minutes, turn over and sear for three (3) minutes. Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Allow salmon to stand for a few moments.
- Chop salmon, set aside.
- Whip the skillet clean, place a flour tortilla in the skillet and fill it with chopped salmon, black beans, green onions, sweet corn kernels, and Mexican cheese.
- Repeat the process until the skillet is filled with enchiladas. Fold the enchiladas and cover with enchilada sauce, more shredded Mexican cheese, and green onion.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven and cook for fifteen (15) minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with diced tomatillos and fresh cilantro. Add a little more El Yucateco® Carribean hot sauce to taste. Enjoy!
Sounds good, right? Be sure to try our Salmon Enchiladas with Tomatillos & Black Beans for your next tailgating or upcoming Christmas party! Come back and let us know what you think. What are some of your go-to tailgating recipes? Feel free to drop us a line below!