This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias #ad. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Savory Pineapple, Bacon + Chicken Pizza
Pizza night at our house is a long-held tradition, and the one thing about tradition is, don’t mess with tradition. Period! Pizza night especially holds true the day of the Super Bowl. Having a Super Bowl party at home without exceptionally good food is a big no-no. Talk about a foul on the play and it can’t happen. If you love pizza like we do then our homemade Savory Pineapple, Bacon + Chicken Pizza is the perfect game day football food to ensure maximum yardage on full flavor. No flags were thrown on this recipe. This one is flying high, right between the goal posts and without a doubt good for the extra point.
Emotions and temper tantrums are held in check (possibly) when there is an abundance of delicious food to sink your teeth into. Every Super Bowl Sunday I create several of my specialty pizzas. And I have a secret ingredient that’s an essential must-have component to my game day pizzas.
Since discovering El Yucateco® a few years ago I don’t want even to consider using anything else. In my opinion, the El Yucateco® Black Label Chile Habanero Hot Sauce is the ultimate hot sauce because with its earthy taste and well-balanced recipe it provides just enough heat without overpowering my dishes and recipes. El Yucateco® doesn’t cover up the taste of whatever food I am eating. Instead, it compliments and brings out the best in all of my foods I put it on. Plus, El Yucateco® is the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce. And after one taste it is easy to understand why. This is high-quality hot sauce right here!
Fact: Did you know Yucateco® is made from habaneros hand picked from their own fields? El Yucateco® sauces are handcrafted to deliver rich flavor with just the right amount of heat. I’ve found most other hot sauces are either too hot, too salty, or they simply lack in the flavor department. El Yucateco is well-balanced, and in my opinion just right.
Oh, did you know El Yucateco to having a sweepstakes giveaway? Right now El Yucateco® is giving entrants a chance to win one-of-a-kind-tailgating and homegating packages and MORE!
#KingOfFlavorSweepstakes (Super Bowl)
Now, let’s get our Super Bowl party started. The first decision and most important factor you need to consider will be determining how money you are budgeting for your homegating party and sticking to it. The budget will determine everything, from how many friends and family you’re going to invite to the amount of food you are going to prepare. Once you figure out the budget, it will be easier to determine the rest.
Next, the second thing you need to do is invite the people you want to invite. It is your party, and it is only right that you pick the people you want to party with, right? Naturally, you are going to invite football fans (that’s a no-brainer), but it is also essential to invite guests who will mix well together and like to have fun. And don’t just invite the guys, there are a lot of women who love football too. And you’ll do well to invite couples as well as an equal amount of both single male and female friends as well. Okay, now it is time to talk food, as in how much food you will need to have to satisfy all of the people you are going to invite. Because there is nothing worse than running out of food and drink when the party is in full-swing.
Our third tip. Who does what? Okay, now it is time to talk food, as in how much food you will need to have to satisfy all of the people you are going to invite. Because there is nothing worse than running out of food and drink when the party is in full-swing. You don’t have to do everything or make all of the food. Throwing a pot-luck style of Super Bowl or homegating/tailing is still the most popular way to ensure everyone gets food. Ask guests to bring a dish, beverages and if some of the guests don’t cook ask them to bring important items like paper plates, napkins, and plasticware. Remember, “Teamwork makes the dream work!” Party! On!
The fourth tip is to prep. With most foods, you can prep the majority of the ingredients a few days ahead; this will save you major time. Because waiting on the day of the big event is out of the question because you’ll be stressed out and chances are you’ll drop the ball and fumble. Let’s leave the fumbling to the professionals on game day and keep them out of the kitchen. Do most of the heavy lifting beforehand, and you will avoid running around like a chicken without its brain parts.
The fifth tip, prepare extra food. Chances are you’re going to need it. Think about it this way, isn’t far better to make too much and not need it than to need extra food and there isn’t any extra food on hand?
The sixth item on your list, execute.
Get it done, and get it done right. Our six tips will ensure that you’ll have a solid plan of action to pull off a Super Bowl party that will go down in history. Or something like that.
You will find El Yucateco® sauces at your local Walmart store (in the Hispanic aisle).
Savory Pineapple, Bacon + Chicken Pizza
- 1 large prepared thin pizza crust
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded 5 blend Italian cheese
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small can pineapple, sliced
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco® Black Label Chile Habanero Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoning
- 2/12 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 slices of thick-cut bacon, fried
- Preheat over to 500 degrees
- Prep, slice and cut vegetable ahead of time.
- Pan-fry 6-8 slices of thick-cut bacon
- Rinse, pat dry and place chicken breast slices into a medium size bowl, add El Yucateco® Black Label Chile Habanero Hot Sauce, chicken seasoning, and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
- Place a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan over med-heat, when the oil is hot cook the chicken thoroughly when the chicken it cooked through move it to a cutting board. When the chicken is cool enough to safely handle chop into smaller pieces using a sharp knife. Set chicken aside.
- Place the prepared thin crust pizza crust on a pizza stone, spoon on the marinara sauce and spread evenly, add shredded cheese, green and red peppers, pineapple, red onions, chopped chicken pieces, thick-cut bacon, and more shredded cheese.
- Place the pizza stone with the pizza into the oven on the center rack. Make for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it stand for five (5) minutes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and more El Yucateco® hot sauce.
Sweet + Fire Grapefruit Cocktail
- 1/2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tbsp Maraschino cherry juice
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz Kilo Kai spiced rum
- 2 oz Jose Cuervo margarita mix (alcoholic)
- 1/4 tsp El Yucateco® Black Label Chile Habanero Hot Sauce
- Grapefruit slice and stem cherry for garnish
- a dab of agave syrup
- course sea salt for rim
- Spoon 1 tbsp, of course, sea salt and finishing sugar onto a plate, rim the glass of the serving glass with a little agave syrup with your finger, dredge the rim of glass through the course sea salt and sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a blender add 5-6 ice cubes and pulse until you have slush-like ice. Spoon the ice into the prepared margarita glass. Place in the freezer to chill the glass.
- In a cocktail shaker add agave nectar, Maraschino cherry juice, pineapple juice, spiced rum, margarita mix, El Yucateco® Black Label Chile Habanero Hot Sauce, and ice.
- Secure the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Remove the glass from the freezer and strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with two slices of grapefruit and a stemmed Maraschino cherry.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive
What are some of your favorite Super Bowl combos? Drop us a comment below and let us know! And be sure to pin this to your appetizer/party board: