This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NightOfTheBat #UnmaskYourSpirit #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
We created an elegant Halloween cocktail for you to make this year. Get this Halloween cocktail recipe down below- How to make a Spicy Rum Apple Cider.
Spicy Rum Apple Cider
It’s no secret Autumn is by far my favorite season. Why? Well, for starters there’s the cooler weather, cool sweaters, and my favorite non-holiday holiday, Halloween! Yes, Halloween! With its ghost, ghouls, and goblins, caramel apples, and tricks and other yummy treats. This time out we’re getting the festivities on and poppin’ with a little help from our good friends over at Bacardi.
So, come on in and mingle with the other guests and grab yourself a cocktail. We’ve made a delicious little number called the Spicy Rum Apple Cider. It features Bacardi Gold rum and has a bit of a spicy kick. But you’ll also taste a hint of cranberry, apple cider and the spicy kick of Thai Peppers. Raise your glass and let Bacardi rum transform the night and the occasion. Cheers!
And did you know the Barcardi bat symbol also represents Halloween?
Bacardi rums are a mainstay in our home bar; we stock both Bacardi Gold and the smooth Bacardi Superior for lighter cocktails like Mojitos, Piña Coladas, Mai Tais, and the classic Cuban Libre.
But for Halloween, those drinks aren’t what we’re in the mood for. Instead, we created something dark, sexy, and with enough spiciness to keep you interested and to ask for more. Our Spicy Rum Apple Cider is perfect because it is not only a cocktail your guests will talk about long after the party, but it’s also a conversation starter and a beautiful cocktail to look at too. Visually appealing and delicious, now that’s the perfect cocktail!
The muddled Thai pepper macerated in cranberry simple syrup and bit of sugar adds an incredibly sweet and tangy heat that really makes this cocktail shine. The stacked Honey Crisp apples not only make for an eye-popping garnish but they’re pretty tasty too!
Wedges of Honey Crisp apple, fresh mint, and ornamental Thai pepper make for an impressive garnish!
A large block of ice keeps this spicy cocktail super cool!
How to make a Spicy Rum Apple Cider
- 3/4 ounce cranberry simple syrup
- 1 ounce Bacardi Gold Rum
- 3 1/2 ounces Apple Cider
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Pinch ground clove
- Into a large bar-glass, add a single medium length Thai pepper, 3/4 ounces cranberry simple syrup, 1/2 tsp brown sugar, and a pinch of ground clove.
- Press and muddle the Thai pepper into the cranberry simple syrup, brown sugar, and ground clove mixture until the pepper breaks into pieces.
- The mixture will take on a reddish tint. Pour in the Bacardi Gold rum and apple cider.
- Add the ice and mix thoroughly with a long-handled bar-spoon vigorously for 60 seconds.
- Strain into a standard rocks glass with a single large block of ice.
- Garnish. Slice Honey Crisp apple on a mandolin.
- Stack the slices of apple and using a sharp paring knife cut the apples into rectangles.
- Pierce the stacked apples with a cocktail stick and thread the stem of the fresh mint through.
- Situate a whole Thai chili pepper on top of apples but beneath the sprig of fresh mint.
- Arrange the garnish on the rim of the cocktail glass and serve.
As you get ready for your Halloween party, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Create a list of everything you need to do to prep for your party.
- Keep the appetizers light, or have people bring a passing dish.
- Making a cleaning schedule and stick to it. You can do light cleaning the day before or the day of the party.
- Head to your local dollar store to find budget-friendly Halloween decor.
- Put together a Halloween playlist. Having music flowing through the party is a great way to keep the atmosphere light and friendly.
- Have friends and family help you decorate. You can find some fantastic ideas on Pinterest.
- Be sure you pick out a costume.
- Consider having a themed Halloween party, and everyone dress accordingly.
- On the day of the party, set timers to help you stay on schedule.
- Use paper products and supplies as much as possible; it makes for an easy clean-up!
- Overall, have fun. Don’t stress the small stuff.
As you’re picking up party food and supplies, don’t forget to swing the liquor section to grab Bacardi Gold and Bacardi Superior!
Always be responsible when drinking. If you do host a Halloween party, or attend one this year, be sure to have a designated driver or call a ride-sharing service! What are your plans for Halloween? Drop us a line down below and let us know! Cheers!