Easy appetizer idea for game day or a dinner party, Angus Steak Bruschetta Appetizers
Angus Steak Bruschetta Appetizers
We love bruschetta, and a good bruschetta is all about the quality of the bread you’re using (or, at least, we think so). For this recipe, we used a sliced whole-grain baguette, a ton of sweet cream butter and a heavy cast-iron skillet to toast these babies in. There’s also Angus beef, Gruyère cheese mixed with shredded provolone. Then for visual effect and extra flavor, a sprinkling of red pepper, cucumber, and chopped parsley. These are great appetizers, or if you’re like us you’ll eat enough of them which will make an entrée unnecessary. Check down below to see what we used and how.
- 1 whole grain baguette
- 1 pound Angus beef strips
- 1/2 cup Gruyère Cheese sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Provolone, shredded
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Set oven on high broil. Prep by preparing (chopping and slicing) the cucumber, red bell pepper and parsley ahead of time. And to save even more time we purchased a pre-sliced whole-grain baguette at our local Meijer (we’re so efficient). Remove Angus beef strips from the refrigerator and allow meat to set at room temperature for 30 minutes. .Season meat with liberally with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Butter whole-grain baguette slices on both sides.
- Over medium heat, using a heavy cast iron skillet add two (2) tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- When skillet is hot, add slices of bread and toast on both sides, set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean of any bread crumbs (or not) add two more tablespoons of EVOO. Raise the heat to medium-high. When skillet is hot sear beef strips and allow to cook for 3-minutes per side (turning once). Remove meat to a plate and allow them to stand for 10 minutes. Cut the beef to fit each slice of toast.
- Top with cheeses.
- Arrange toast with beef and cheese on a cookie sheet and broil until cheese is melted, and then remove from oven.
- Top individuals bruschetta with chopped cucumber, sweet red bell pepper, and fresh parsley.