We’re sharing a super delicious hot chocolate recipe inspired by “Solo: A Star Wars Story” movie now available on DVD and digital. This hot cocoa recipe is called The Han Coco + Meteor Meringue.
Hot Chocolate Recipe | The Han Coco + Meteor Meringue
Solo: A Star Wars Story is now out on Digital and Blu-Ray! We shared our movie review on Solo: A Star Wars Story on the blog a few months back, feel free to read it if you’re not sure if this movie is great for kids. Our boys loved it, but hey, they love Star Wars!
We recently received the ultimate Star Wars package from Disney with tons of fun toys and board games for a family game night! We love trying out new board games and having some fun, family-friendly competition.
Here are the new toys out now for Star Wars, which will make for some awesome Christmas presents!
- Stars Wars Ultimate Co-Pilow Chewie
- Chewbacca Electronic Mask
- Star Wars: Han Solo Card Game
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Nerf Glowstrike Han Solo Blaster
- Star Wars Force Link 2.0 Mission on Vandor-1 3.75-inch Figure 4-pack
- Monopoly Game: Star Wars Edition
Hot Chocolate Recipe
We whipped up some hot coco to get ready for the cold winter nights ahead down below! There’s nothing like a hot cup of coco while playing board games with the family!
Okay, what is the Han Coco? Han Coco or cocoa is out of this world hot chocolate. It’s rich, chocolaty, plus delicious. And it is topped with homemade meringue with toffee crumbles then toasted using a torch. We took the liberty of spelling cocoa with the four-lettered coco, but only because visually it is closer to the Solo spelling than cocoa. So for all of you word nerds out there, I know the difference between coco and cocoa, so back off! If you love hot chocolate, you will love our Han Coco + Meteor Meringue.
I used my Cricut to make this coffee mug in a Rae Dunn inspired font.
How to make hot coco with meringue
- 4 cups half and half
- 1/2 tablet ABUELITA™ Chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar or to taste
Equipment: Chef Cooking Torch
- Place a medium stockpot over med-high heat, add four cups of half and half, a half tablet of ABUELITA™ Chocolate or your favorite Mexican chocolate, half-cup of milk chocolate chips, a pinch of cinnamon, add sugar to taste.
- Stir the mixture using a wire whisk until the chocolates and sugar dissolve.
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture into serving cups, top with meringue and chopped toffee pieces.
- Toast the meringue with a pastry torch.
How to make Meringue
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups powdered or superfine sugar
- pinch sea salt
- toffee pieces reserved
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment, add egg whites and beat until frothy.
- Add pure vanilla extract, cream of tartar, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the powdered or superfine sugar a tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is incorporated.
- Continue to whisk until the meringue is glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Top each cup of hot chocolate with meringue and scatter on toffee pieces.
- Use a pastry torch to toast the top of the meringue.
Be sure to grab your copy of “Solo: A Star Wars Story” blu-ray or digital, popcorn, and our hot coco recipe and have a game/movie night with the family!
About the movie:
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes. The film stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Paul Bettany.
You will also get tons of bonus content with this Star Wars movie.
“Solo: A Star Wars Story” bonus content takes fans behind the scenes to experience compelling discussions with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan (writer of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi); a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han; a close-up look at the original version of the Millennium Falcon and Han’s first time piloting the infamous ship; the creation of the film’s otherworldly settings and pulse-pounding action sequences; and eight never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes.