Tuscan Salmon & Pepper Homemade Pizza
Simple ingredients and big flavors are at the heart of Tuscan cooking. And when we’re in the mood for our Tuscan inspired dishes the Bertolli® brand of sauces is what use. The history of the people who hail from the nation with the distinctive boot shaped-peninsula are responsible for some of our favorite dishes. And one of those favorite dishes is pizza. One thing about me, I love to experiment in the kitchen and I came up with an easy Salmon & Pepper Pizza recipe.
Right now The Kroger sponsored Taste of Italy program® is in full swing (September 23rd through October 11th) and Kroger is bringing you all the best Bertolli® products. From their award winning Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce to their Extra Virgin Olive Oil with it’s rich fruity notes, Bertolli® is a brand in good standing in our pantry.
Like so many families we gotta have our pizza, Typically Friday nights is pizza night, but this time the boys and I had a taste for some almost homemade pizza pies. Our family loves a good homemade pizza and the most important ingredient is the Bertolli® Riserva Marinara with Parmigiana-Reggiano. A good pizza needs a solid foundation and you can’t do any better than Bertolli®.
For this recipe it starts off with marinara sauce, plenty of shredded cheese, sliced heirloom tomatoes, peppers, shredded kale and thinly sliced sweet onions then I pile on a lot of salmon. The flavor is incredible! And it’s no surprise it doesn’t last for long.
If you love pizza and you love salmon let me and Bertolli® show you how to make this amazing Tuscan-inspired pizza pie.
- 1 large pizza crust. Make your own or store bought
- 1 cup Bertolli® Riserva Marinara with Parmigiana-Reggiano
- 1 cup Salmon, cooked and broken up into chunks
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 medium Heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium Anaheim pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup kale, chopped
Prep. Prepare salmon using your favorite recipe ahead of time. Leftover salmon works well too.
- Preheat over to 450 °F
- Ladle a cup of Bertolli® Riserva Marinara with Parmigiana-Reggiano onto prepared pizza crust.
- Scatter a mixture of Mozzarella, Parmesan and Provolone shredded cheeses.
- Add sliced heirloom tomatoes, sweet onion, Anaheim peppers and shredded kale.
- Add a generous amount of chopped salmon and top with a bit more cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Do you like pizza? If so, what are some of your favorite toppings? Have you tasted the latest sauce from Bertolli®? This is a really easy homemade pizza recipe to duplicate!
If you try one of the new sauces from Bertolli® come back and let us know! Cheers!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine.