Happy National Margarita Day. Cool down with a mix of watermelon, lime a little 1800 Silver Tequila! Here’s an easy Watermelon Margarita to make!
Cotton Candy Watermelon Margarita
Salud! Why am I so excited? Well, for one its National Margarita Day! And two, its National Margarita Day! So today, even though it is a Monday, things are looking downright DO DA DAY! So let’s grab the tequila, slice open a ripe watermelon, find the salt and here’s the twist add some Faygo Cotton Candy soda-pop! I know what you’re saying, but at times going against the grain can be a real tasty thrill ride. By the way, sorry there are no limes included in this Cotton Candy Watermelon Margarita. Look down below for the details.
- 1.5 ounces 1800 Silver Tequila
- 3 ounces of Faygo Cotton Candy
- 1-ounce Watermelon Juice
- 1/4 Course Salt
- 1/4 Granulated Sugar
- Two Ice Cubes
- Crushed Ice
- Prep. Scoop coarse salt and sugar onto a saucer and mix well, squeeze a dab of honey onto your finger and rim a glass with honey. Dredge the rim of the glass through the coarse salt and sugar mixture until the rim is ringed completely with mixture. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass add tequila, Faygo Cotton Candy soda pop, watermelon juice, and two ice cubes. Stir until combined.
- In a blender add 2 – 3 ice cubes, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and a 1/2 cup of watermelon with the seeds removed. Pulse several times. Add a heaping tablespoon of the iced-watermelon mixture to your salt/sugar rimmed glass. Pour margarita mixture into glass.
- Garnish with a thin slice of watermelon.
- Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
Stainless Steel Martini Glass (picked up from Pier 1 Imports, and one of our favorite glasses!)