Asparagus & Sweet Potato Wrapped with Bacon
More than likely you have done the bacon-wrapped asparagus thing already. Been there, done that, right? Me too. But regardless of what anyone else may say, the asparagus and bacon combo is still a pretty good thing.
So, I was thinking, I’ve been thinkin’ Why can’t I keep my fingers off these veggies? Drunk in looovve. (Ala Beyonce)
Wait. Sorry ’bout that. I get a little carried away at times. Being in the kitchen just makes me a bit cray cray every once in a while. Okay, now where the heck were we? Recipe time, right?
Here is what you’re going to need to pull off this incredibly yumstastic Asparagus & Sweet Potato Wrapped with Bacon recipe. Are you ready? Dumb question, right?
- 1 bunch of asparagus washed and with the bottom quarter of the stalk cut off
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced in 1 – 1 1/2″ wedges
- thick cut bacon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked peppercorns, to taste
- smoked sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Parboil sweet potatoes for 15 minutes, drain and pat dry
- Wrap an uncooked strip of bacon around a single asparagus stalk and a wedge of sweet potato.
- Drizzle and brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add fresh cracked peppercorns and smoked sea salt.
- Place in over for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
I can tell you one thing, my boys chowed down on this easy appetizer and were looking for more. I couldn’t keep them coming fast enough for these ravenous tweens. It’s the perfect after-school snack, a great side-dish, game day appetizer, or just because you want something savory and bacony and semi-healthy!
And don’t miss out on checking out our Chicken Wrapped with Bacon and Alfredo Potatoes!