Here’s an easy and quick dinner idea you can make and guess what? The whole family will love! And more importantly, if you love bacon, then don’t miss out on grabbing the recipe to make our mouthwatering Chicken Wrapped with Bacon and Alfredo Potatoes!
Chicken Wrapped Bacon & Alfredo Potatoes
Is there an applicable adage that says, “Everything is better with bacon”? I don’t think there is but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be such a saying. In my experience, I haven’t come across a dish with bacon in it that I didn’t like. True story. Also, our youngest boy was the inspiration for this recipe namely because he has a bacon addiction, and so instead of forking over the money for bacon rehab (insert that Amy Winehouse song here) like responsible parents we just feed him more bacon. It’s better that way. And if you also have bacon addiction tendencies, then the idea of chicken drumsticks lovingly festooned with thick-cut bacon just means that without a doubt we’re probably related. But believe it or not, the bacon isn’t the only thing to cheer about because I am taking the whole meat and potatoes combo to dynamic duo status. These pork-adorned chicken legs get the distinctive honor of sitting atop creamy, buttery and Alfredo sauce infused smashed Russet potatoes! Yes, you can say GAH! now. I think this is an easy dinner recipe you’ll want to save for later. Check out the deets down below to learn how to make your very own Chicken Wrapped Bacon & Alfredo Potatoes!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients:
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
- 6 Pieces of Thick-cut bacon
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Chipotle Sea Salt Blend
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Medley Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line a high-walled baking sheet with foil. Brush foil with olive oil and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken drumsticks, place drumsticks in a bowl and drizzle with EVOO and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl add Chipotle sea salt blend, freshly cracked peppercorns, and Old Bay seasoning, (feel free to adjust seasoning to taste) and mix well with a fork.
- Next, place drumsticks on a baking sheet and season with McCormick Chipotle Sea Salt, McCormick Medley Peppercorns and Old Bay Seasoning blend, make sure to rotate drumsticks to ensure an even coat of seasoning.
- Now, here’s the part where things get very, um… interestingly YUMMY! Take a whole length of thick-cut bacon and wrap it around the drumstick and place it back onto the foil-lined baking sheet, repeat the process until all of the drumsticks have gotten the wrapped bacon “treatment”.
- Place chicken in the oven and cook for one (1) hour, when done the chicken juices should run clear, and bacon should be crispy.
- Remove from oven and arrange on top of the Alfredo Smashed Potatoes, and no sneaking a piece of bacon either, I know is so freakin’ tempting isn’t?!
Alfredo Smashed Potatoes Ingredients:
- 5 pounds Russet Potatoes, washed, scrubbed and quartered
- 1/2 stick of Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 jar of Bertolli’s Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Kraft Shredded Four Cheese Blend
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt or Kosher salt
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley, chopped
Alfredo Smashed Potatoes Directions:
- Prep. In a non-stick skillet over med-high heat add one (1) tablespoon of EVOO and sauté one large yellow onion, chopped. Cook until onions are translucent. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- FYI: I do a rustic peel on the potatoes, meaning I leave most of the skin on, but make sure to remove any dark spots, eyes, bad spots or pesky sprouts from the potatoes. Ya’ know, give ’em the complete potato spa royal treatment.
- Place washed, scrubbed, and quartered potatoes into a large stock pot, cover potatoes with cold water and liberally add table salt, cook until the water comes to a boil and continue to cook until potatoes are fork-tender (25 to 30 minutes). Drain potatoes using a colander and return to stockpot. Add 1/2 stick of unsalted sweet cream butter, one (1) tablespoon of EVOO, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, one (1) jar of Bertolli’s Alfredo sauce, add sautéed onions and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Spoon potatoes into a casserole dish and arrange the bacon-wrapped drumsticks on top, and place the dish in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter chopped flat-leaf parsley on top.
- Serve. Eat. Faint. Repeat.
I know what your thinking, the recipe calls for six (6) yummy bacon-wrapped chicken drumsticks but you only see five (5) in the photos. Ya’ gotta remember, we have a bacon-obsessed kid prowling around our house. So basically, “kid happened”. Enjoy!
Grab more dinner ideas to make this month: