This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayFavs #CollectiveBias
[ad] Game Day Recipes To Try
With three boys (wait, four, if you count the husband) our home life can get pretty crazy. So, it’s only natural to hear “the men” cheering, clapping and fist-pumping on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. No, they’re not cheering for me (although they most certainly should be ’cause I’m awesome), they’re cheering or boohooing because their favorite sports team is winning, won, or losing, lost.
Hey, what can you do?
Now, we all have our favorite teams, yours truly included, and because we live in Michigan we have a lot of great reasons to cheer or cry on game day. We got two great college football teams and believe me, the rivalry is so real you can cut it with a knife. And with games happening every weekend, whether it’s football or basketball, food will always be somewhere in the mix.
D and I like to shop for and make deliciously easy and quick game day meals. Today, we are sharing two of our favorite MVPs on our game day menu. We LOVE nachos (who doesn’t) and lately D has experimented with putting twists on the classic nacho recipe. And look down below and witness the double cheeseburger with bacon, mushrooms, and homemade onion rings, and it was incredibly good (good on my pocketbook and the taste buds), talk about winning.
The Ball Park Flame Grilled Patties are not only easy to make, they are ready in just minutes- no fuss, no mess! They are made with premium beef, with a juicy flame-grilled taste. D will fire up the grill in sub- zero weather, but thankfully these patties don’t require him to shovel a path to his beloved charcoal grill and flip burgers.
Instead of our regular nachos, we are using Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips®. With 100% all natural ingredients, these quick, crispy, homestyle breaded strips put the new “new” in nachos supreme.
Mushroom, Bacon Double Cheeseburger with Spanish Onion Onion Rings
- 2 Ball Park Hamburger patties
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 4 slices crispy bacon
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sauteed
- 2 homemade Spanish Onion Onion Rings
- 3 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 sesame seed hamburger buns, pan toasted
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prep ahead. Fry bacon and saute mushrooms ahead of time. Butter one hamburger bun and one-half of another bun, toast in a large skillet unto golden brown. Set aside.
- In a skillet add one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add two Ball Park Hamburger Patties. Cook them until heated through (about 3 minutes per side.)
- Slice onions and tomatoes; set aside.
- Build your burger.
- Place hamburger patty on a toasted sesame seed bun, add sliced Cheddar cheese, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, and homemade Spanish Onion onion rings.
- Next add, one-half of a toasted hamburger bun, then top with tomatoes, add another hamburger patty with cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and lettuce.
- Top with a toasted sesame seed bun.
And let’s not forget our twist on nachos: Tyson® Chicken Nacho Supreme
- 4 Tyson® Chicken Strips®, prepared and chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Spanish onions diced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 /2 cup lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 5 flour tortillas quartered and pan-friend
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Prep: In a skillet over medium-high heat add one tablespoon of olive oil, when oil is hot pan-fry quartered flour tortilla in a skillet until golden brown, turning once then remove, prepare tortillas batches until you are finished.
- Prepare Tyson® Chicken Strips® following directions on the package. When chicken is thoroughly heated through remove from oven and chop into bite-size portions.
- In a large bowl toss together, lettuce, chicken, Mexican cheese, onion, and tomatoes.
- Arrange flour tortillas on a plate and top with chopped chicken mixture.
- Top with sour cream, more cheese, tomatoes, cilantro and crumbled bacon.
We stopped by our Meijer store to shop for our ingredients. I LOVE knowing I can shop at Meijer late at night when no one is there. They also have some great mPerks we used to save money on our ingredients. You can save $1.50 on any 2 Crispy Chicken Strips or Any’Tizers (excluding bone in-wings). And for the Ball Park patties: save $1.00 / 1 Ball Park Flame Grilled Patties (both mPerk offers are valid 1/10-2/6/16)
You can earn points with every purchase of Tyson® Any’tizers and Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips® at PlayOff Play-Offs Visit www.tysonplayoffs.com to enter.
So, I’m curious to know how you celebrate the BIG Game Day at your house? Do you head out to your local Meijer and shop late at night? What are some of your favorite appetizers to make for Game Day? Leave me a comment below and let me know. And don’t forget to clip those mPerk coupons to use before shopping at Meijer for your Game Day supplies!
Want more game day recipe ideas? Check out some of these appetizing ideas:
Be sure to pin these appetizer ideas to your Pinterest board: