This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SToKCoffee #cbias #CollectiveBias
Blueberry Pound Cake with Coffee Buttercream
Okay, my Blueberry Pound Cake with Coffee Buttercream may not be the healthiest lettuce leaf in the salad bowl but eating it makes me happy. I like to reward myself with a sweet treat indulgence after a couple of hours of night riding . And yes, you heard right, I said night riding. My buddy Rob and I like to ride our bicycles (insert Queen song now) at night. No, we’re not cray-cray. Yes, it may sound a little risky, but we take every precaution to make sure we are safe. We got headlamps, reflective clothing, gear and our pre-ride ritual of downing iced coffee. This week I made a sweet treat as a reward for racking up over 10 miles in a single night. SToK™ keeps my motor running and my pedal power purring and that’s the kind of gusto I need. So, yes I had cake (Marie Antoinette eat your heart out). And not plain Jane cake. I had pound cake, but not just any pound cake. I made a super moist and deliciously righteous blueberry pound cake. Yep, I did. But I took it to the next level, and I also slathered on a bit of buttercream. But not just any buttercream. ‘Course not ’cause amped up coffee should find its merry way into any buttercream. I made a Coffee Buttercream made with SToK™Cold-Brew Iced Coffee. Needless to say, it was complete deliciousness. I got all the ingredients I needed from Walmart, which is super convenient. I grabbed the SToK™ 48 oz Cold Brew Iced Coffee and the rest is a history I so want to repeat. This isn’t your run of the mill coffee; this is some the good stuff. SToK™ is pure coffee with no weird or other-worldly ingredients. The good folks at SToK™ use a kinda of a big deal Arabica coffee blend from the numero uno coffee bean producing country on the planet. Brazil! Good stuff in, good stuff out. Simple. Effective. This here is energy output you can count on to carry you through the day, or night (remember I’m a night rider). Check out the full recipe right down there below.
Check out the full recipe right down there below.
- 2 sticks unsalted sweet cream butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Using a baker’s brush coat a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with butter.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly butter the parchment paper too.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the softened butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the side of the mixing bowl down, then add the sugar a little bit at a time until the sugar is completely incorporated.
- Begin adding the eggs one by one making sure each egg is fully mixed before adding the next egg.
- Using separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different bowl add the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- With the stand mixer on its lowest setting slowly, start adding the wet ingredients and dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and let it stand for 3-4 minutes to settle.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely before frosting.
Coffee Buttercream Recipe
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted sweet cream butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp SToK™Cold-Brew Iced Coffee
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter until soft peaks appear.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk until incorporated.
- Begin adding the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Continue to mix until buttercream is smooth.
- Add SToK™Cold-Brew Iced Coffee a tablespoon at a time until it is fully incorporated into the buttercream. Now taste it, isn’t that to die for?!
I got everything I needed at my local Walmart, which makes it very convenient (you will findSToK™Cold-Brew Iced Coffee in the dairy aisle).
I want to know about your adventures. Skydiving ice sculpting maybe? Okay, maybe not, but tell me there is a man (or woman) of action reading this post. Leave a comment. Stay tuned for my next off the beaten path recipe. I am pretty sure the next one is gonna but very interesting indeed.
Be sure to pin our recipe for reference:
Be sure to check our frozen Iced Coffee & Caramel Yogurt Pops!