The perfect summer dessert awaits you – Blueberry Shortcake with a S’mores Drizzle and Topped with Cool Whip.
Blueberry Shortcake with a S’mores Drizzle and Topped with Cool Whip
If I’ve said it once I have said it a thousand times. Nothing beats summertime grillin’! Charcoal smoked meats, veggies and whatever else I can fit on a grill is instantly upgraded when it hits the hot grate. Most folks are familiar with the old stand-by strawberry shortcake. But just like anything else on the summertime menu, there is always room for a bit of creativity.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Pinch (1/16 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick), cut into chunks
Pour blueberries into a bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar, add 3-4 tablespoons of ice water, stir. Set the bowl in the refrigerator to chill and for juices to form.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter a shallow cupcake pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a bowl and stir until well incorporated. Next, add the cubes of cold butter, using fingers to work it quickly into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Then, add the heavy cream and egg yolk; stir with a fork until the dough just holds together
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is just smooth. Do not overwork. Combine 4 tablespoons into each cupcake hole, dough should not be above rim of cupcake pan
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake in the center of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- For the filling, mix blueberries and sugar in a bowl, add about 2-3 tablespoons of water to create juices. Chill.
- Cool the biscuits on a rack; carefully split them in half. Begin with putting half of a shortcake into the bottom of a glass, add some blueberries, then Cool Whip.
- Repeat the process one more time, then top with marshmallow cream, more Cool Whip then top with blueberries and chocolate syrup, and toasted Graham cracker square.
What are some of your favorite summer-time recipes, desserts, or grill recipes? Leave me a comment below and let me know!
This was a previously sponsored post.