One of the most popular appetizers for a holiday get together is the cheese ball, but that doesn’t mean it has to be the typical savory version seen at most parties. You can make a sweet cheese ball that is more like a yummy dessert. This easy cheese ball recipe using peppermint and white chocolate satisfies a sweet tooth as well as the cravings for holiday flavors like peppermint (and of course chocolate). Bring one to all your holiday parties from Thanksgiving to Christmas and watch it disappear right off the table!
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe With Peppermint & White Chocolate
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. package white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cup peppermints
- Place cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract in the large bowl of a stand mixer. Blend until fluffy and creamy.
- Place 1 cup of peppermints and white chocolate chips in a food processor (or hand mixer), and process until they are small crumbly pieces.
- Stir peppermint mixture into cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Process remaining peppermints, roll the cheese ball in them to coat.
- Wrap mixture tightly in plastic wrap in a ball shape and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with Oreos, graham crackers, pretzel sticks, apple wedges, or your favorite holiday cookie.
Get more holiday recipes ideas below: