Ocala/Marion County has quite a lot to offer. Centrally located in Florida, this Florida Travel destination offers unique and memorable experiences for travelers looking to step outside the box and experience something new on their bucket list. Read on to see why Ocala/Marion County, Florida needs to be on your bucket list!
25 Reasons Why Ocala/Marion County, Florida Needs To Be On Your Bucket List
Over the past few months, I’ve shared new places you can explore in the Central Florida area, Ocala/Marion County. Conveniently located just two hours from Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Daytona Beach, this town has a lot of activities and attractions for you to explore. I’ve put this town on my bucket list for next year.
Just in case you were still on the fence of WHY Ocala/Marion should be on your travel bucket list, I’m sharing a few more Ocala/Marion County Activities on why you need to make plans to visit soon.
Things to do in Ocala/Marion County, Florida
- Love Golf? They have over 20 championship golf courses, perfect for a newbie and a die-hard golfer.
- With crystal clear water of their natural springs, you will love the peace and beautiful scenery. And if you love taking nature photos (or Instagram worthy photos), Ocala/Marion County has quite a few gorgeous springs to suit your fancy.
- Exploring Ocala/Marion County means you will have the chance to see a different side of Central Florida. No amusement parks here. But the picturesque views of the second largest national forest in Florida makes up for it.
- Adventures for days. You can go boating, tubing, kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, and more!
- Go swimming in crystal clear spring waters.
- I love antiques and look forward to shopping in their historic downtown area.
- Explore over 700 thoroughbred horse farms in the area. Find out for yourself why Ocala/Marion County is the “Horse Capital of the World!”
- During the fall months, you can enjoy all of the fall festivals and events. Check out the ones we have listed here.
- You and your family will make new and unique memories. I’ve listed 18 ideas you can do with the family.
- Want a vacation away from a ton of noise and traffic? This is why Ocala/Marion County is the perfect place for you. Less tourist traffic means you don’t have to worry about spending vacation time in a car, looking for parking, etc.
- Foodie spots for days. You can find an assortment of restaurants to suit your needs. From Mexican, steakhouses, BBQ joints, French, Asian, and Southern-style cooking, there’s something for everyone.
- Mom-and-Pop shops are part of the unique shopping experience you will have here.
- If you plan to visit during November, you can check out the Equiventure horse event happening on Thanksgiving weekend
- Small town means a relaxing feeling. Vacationing in a small town means you don’t have to deal with a ton of noise. It also means you can feel relaxed and enjoy your getaway. Plus, small towns always have the nicest people (from my personal experience).
- Love museums? They have quite a few art and history museums to explore.
- Scuba Dive in Paradise Springs. You don’t have to go on a Caribbean vacation to experience crystal clear blue waters and scuba dive. Ocala/Marion County has everything you need to check this item off your bucket list.
- Take a horseback ride on their many trails, perfect for the novice to the experienced rider.
- Go on a Glass-Bottom Boat ride in Silver Springs.
- It may not snow there during December, but they offer a plethora of fun holiday festivals and activities to get you in the holiday spirit. Check out their Light Up Ocala Christmas event.
- Take a white carriage ride pulled by two Percheron horses.
- Wineries are also a hot spot in Ocala/Marion County, with an option of making your own wine at Corkscrew Winery.
- If you’re a fan of craft beers, Ocala/Marion County has you covered. Head downtown to Infinite Ale Works carries over 40 craft beer, games, and a local salsa that I’ve heard is fantastic!
- Love art? You don’t want to miss First Friday Art Walk! It happens the first Friday of every month, with live entertainment, culture, and art. (Runs from October- May)
- Explore scenic and iconic locations around that Ocala/Marion County filmed by many famous people, including Elvis Presley.
- Ocala/Marion County is a great place to plan your company’s retreat!
With so many unique and fun ways to explore Ocala/Marion County isn’t time to book your getaway? It’s a great location to spend a few days away from the busy cities, amusement parks, for something quieter and a peaceful atmosphere. Ocala/Marion County is a place you can take a solo trip, couples getaway, girl’s weekend away, family vacation, wedding destination, and business retreat. Regardless of your reason for coming, Ocala/Marion County will welcome you, giving you unique and unforgettable memories.
Plan your trip, find Ocala/Marion County Lodging, and more information about the County by visiting their website.
Latest posts by T Worthey (see all)
- I Walked The Thor Ragnarok Red Carpet Premiere; here’s what I experienced! - October 16, 2017
- 8 Things You Need To Do Now To Prep For The Holidays - October 15, 2017
- The Homework Struggle Is Real: Here’s What I’m Doing About It! - October 12, 2017